GMC Truck Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1346 Posts

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
Inmotion has the belltech shackles, if i remove the 2" blocks and install the shackles will that be ok?

EDIT: The reason i ask about this instead of buying a 4" kit itself is because josh only wants $49.00 for the shackles. I'm just trying to see how cheap i can do this.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
So it's ok for me to do this though? Is that Part number a dealer number? I appreciate the help.

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
I'm guessing i'm going to need some shorter shocks? Forgive me for my repetitiveness (sp), but taking out the blocks will drop it 2", then installing the shackles will drop me another 2"? Or will the shackles not really have any effect after i take the bocks out. Also, the only suspension work i've done is taking out old stuff and putting in new, could you tell me where the blocks are as i've never done any work on a truck really. thanks.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
blocks are between the axle and leaf springs. And yes you will get roughly a 4" drop. I say roughly because I'm not sure the blocks are exactly 2", but I'm fairly positive they are. But to remove them you NEED 2wd u-bolts.

As for the shocks I'm not sure, I would check on sites that sell a 4" rear drop and see what they say is needed.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
well you can take your chances I guess :shrug: but an explination for having diff part numbers is because even if the NBS keys are just a TINY bit diff, it requires a diff part number. So its possible its not even anything where you coudlnt use it on an OBS... but why not just use OBS keys?

·
Zinotti Motorsports
324 Posts
first post guys, i'm on my second 4x4 chevy, my old sn on here was asphltscr8pnz71 or somethin like that, back when i had a rcsb 4x4 dropped, i flipped the rear and notched it, cut the bumpstops off the front (under the UCA bracket):hmm: kinda dumb, lol, and put grade 8 bolts in a hole i drilled under where the factory adjuster goes under the keyway in the t-bar crossmember (under the half moon shaped hole) it sat great, i like 'em low:head: now i'm doin this one and i want it done right, i've ordered the mcgaughy's 2" spindles, just wonderin if anyone's ran those with the 3" DJM LCA's, i know the front crossmember used to lay with no shocks and no spring tension, so it's very feasable to lay a 4x out with not exactly EXTREME ball joint angles:imo it's a great site and i've learned alot:gmfs: , thanks guys, any thoughts about the LCA and spindle combo???

Hah, seen gmracer's forum on it, just when i search i go from 3 pages to like 20 pages to look through

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have my front end cranked now to "level" out the truck. The thing is I am kinda wanting the stock ride quality back in it. If I decrank the front what should I do to lower the rear if I do some occasional pulling with it? I don't want it to sag real bad in the rear when I hook a trailer full of fire wood onto it. Also would I have to have the front end realigned if I decrank?

·
Zinotti Motorsports
324 Posts
put 2" drop shackles on the rear, and yeah, you prolly need to have it realigned if you decrank the front

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
i don't know if anybody knew this but stock 2500 keys are 1500 drop keys!!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hello came from FSC just signed up.

reading this all through. since I'm trying to lower mine still... 4wd 96 tahoe.
so far just springtech keys and shackle. already pretty low but now I'm thinking about the bag and laying it on the ground.

so doing some research and end up here. you guys have some good stuff in !

·
Premium Member
836 Posts
Hello came from FSC just signed up.

reading this all through. since I'm trying to lower mine still... 4wd 96 tahoe.
so far just springtech keys and shackle. already pretty low but now I'm thinking about the bag and laying it on the ground.

so doing some research and end up here. you guys have some good stuff in !
Pics?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here is the pic just got done shaving the roofrack.

This is last summer at envy frenzy

I think my backspacing/offset is not right (that's so far one of 2 things I made mistake buying stuff from ebay not checking... but it looks good so it's ok for now til I bag my hoe)

41 - 60 of 1346 Posts