GMC Truck Forum banner

1341 - 1346 of 1346 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Any of you guys that have lowered the front end with djm arms, how do you guys like it??? Do you guys have had any issues.??? My truck is a silverado SS 2wd but I have the torsion bar suspension and I’m already lowered 4in in the front with spindles + keys but would like another 1in for 5in up front.... thanks!

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Any of you guys that have lowered the front end with djm arms, how do you guys like it??? Do you guys have had any issues.??? My truck is a silverado SS 2wd but I have the torsion bar suspension and I’m already lowered 4in in the front with spindles + keys but would like another 1in for 5in up front.... thanks!
Iv used them with great success. But there trash out the box.

balljoints, paint, and bushings are trash. Plus fix the terrible sway bar angle.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Damm.... I bought a used set for $200 uppers and lowers... they look in great condition no paint chips, no damage and even the ball joints seem in great condition (can’t tell if they are the djm joints or replaced) guy said he only had them for 3-4 months and then his tahoe got rear ended and he is parting out the truck that’s how I got them... I think now that I have them ima give them a try if I don’t like them I can just go back to what I have right now ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ill chime in about the facts of bagging a 4wd truck with a basic wite up. Give me a week or two.

But one misconception i can tell you right off the bat is that the drive shafts do not bind even when a 4wd truck is layed out enguaged in 4wd. They are almost line straight. Thats why im really superised companies have found this out for 4wd static drops and decided to go lower then 3" in front. Lifting the truck causes much more driveshaft angel. Moving on, ill have my bagged info up in a couple weeks.
LaZys90 here: '90 1/2 ton Silverado z71 4x4.
I am curious about "baggin" a 4wd?
Any info on your Project? Well shout us all an update. Have a good 1.
LaZy

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s a 15 year old post the the poster hasn’t been active in 2 years... seriously dude?
Thanks bro, I've been looking around, online, found a few diff shops I'm going to check into, maybe I'll get either help, or at least they'll send me in the right direction..?
Thanks again Brother, have a Good 1,
-LaZy

1341 - 1346 of 1346 Posts