GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 94 Sierra 4x4 that needs to be posi or limited slip in the rear as it is really pathetic... How can I do this..?? Swap rearends with something else that fits..? Find a carrier ?? Sorry, have no clue. e-mail me at [email protected] please...

·
Registered
476 Posts
shrig1 said:
Have a 94 Sierra 4x4 that needs to be posi or limited slip in the rear as it is really pathetic... How can I do this..?? Swap rearends with something else that fits..? Find a carrier ?? Sorry, have no clue. e-mail me at [email protected] please...
Put a Powertraxx in it. I put one in my 00 GMC & love it. Hooks up really good and only takes about an hour to install.

LK

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
No need to replace the entire rear-end unless your pushing large HP/Torque figures. Check out JEG'S and Summit Racing for everything you'll need. :cool:

·
Registered
601 Posts
I read on a few other forums that powertrax were kinda weak. However, they did install one on horsepower TV into a built chevelle and it survived a few runs down the track. You should be able to just swap out the carrier for a LSD one. That is essentially what you do with a powertrax also. I wouldn't reccomend welding as was mentioned, that is just asking for trouble.

Are you going to be lifting, 4 wheeling, or is it just a street daily driver? Would you be re-gearing at the same time?

FSC has a page about an eaton install here

powertrax
http://www.powertrax.com/

1 - 6 of 6 Posts