GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going from 60e to 80e has anybody modified their crossmember to fit and have pics? because i dont want to pay $280 if i can just modify mine because i have heard its simple...:bowtie:

·
Registered
411 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm...i think i would rather weld on that little peice over buying a $280 crossmember...is that extension an add on or is it a cut off and relocated? also i was looking at that site earlier and it says that the stock yolks from his 1500 worked with the 80e tranny is this true because everywhere else i have seen swap kits it always has new yolks because it says there different?

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
You need the larger yolk, 80E has a 32T output I think.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Apparently you just swap the yolk and can retain stock shaft. :imo

·
Registered
411 Posts
Apparently you just swap the yolk and can retain stock shaft. :imo
Yup, thats what I did. You can also get a 1350 yolk which is stronger than the 1320(I think). Cost for the yolk is like $60 and it is a cut to fit deal.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, thats what I did. You can also get a 1350 yolk which is stronger than the 1320(I think). Cost for the yolk is like $60 and it is a cut to fit deal.
$60 for the yolk? from speed engineering you can buy individual parts and the yolk is $149?!? where can i get one of those 1350 yolk?

·
Mayhem, Like Me
3,087 Posts
I think you can get the yolks from highangledriveline.com.... you might want to google that just to be sure...

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
anybody know what size the bolt holes should be if im modding my crossmember? because im going to fab an extension in school for 3" further back and will just drill the holes there too but what size are the holes?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts