GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there anybody running a ID Max 12 or 10 (2 or 1 doesn't matter), or maybe a jl 12w7 or w6...

i want so bad to fit these in the back of my extented cab... i only use sealed enclousures. So technically i should be able to fit two idmax 10's in a forward firing sealed enclosure righ?? Or at least one id max 12?

I want to see how you guys are mounting this big deep ass subs and keeping the seat in....

i believe
ID Max 12 and 10 are less than 8 or 9" mounting depth

·
Registered
303 Posts
The only way to do that is to take out the back seat or run a blow through. The biggest underseat box I have ever seen only had a max mounting depth of 7". If you have to keep your rear seat you'll only be able to run one of those subs and definantly not 2 unless you raise your rear seat up like 2 full inches

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
is there anybody running a ID Max 12 or 10 (2 or 1 doesn't matter), or maybe a jl 12w7 or w6...

i want so bad to fit these in the back of my extented cab... i only use sealed enclousures. So technically i should be able to fit two idmax 10's in a forward firing sealed enclosure righ?? Or at least one id max 12?

I want to see how you guys are mounting this big deep ass subs and keeping the seat in....

i believe
ID Max 12 and 10 are less than 8 or 9" mounting depth
you love me...

forward firing IDMAX in a 1.5cuf box tuned to 25hz. Seat raised 1.5 inches. You could match this setup or do two forward firing in sealed boxes. Could do two forward firing in a port box but I'd have to release secrets then.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I really like your setup Cajundragger, but I don't think he has nearly enough room to make two 10's or 12's sound good under the seat. Your 1.5 cu ft is probably perfect for one sub but not two. That is just my opinion.

EDIT-Oops for some reason I thought he wanted to fit two under there

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
if you lift the seat two inches, and the slide the bottom forward about .5-.75 inches and put an angled back on it you can get roughly 3cuf. The box has to stick out a little past the front of the seat as well. It takes a complicated box but you can do it. I figured it all out on graphing paper a few months ago when I was thinking about getting another IDMAX.

·
Registered
303 Posts
if you lift the seat two inches, and the slide the bottom forward about .5-.75 inches and put an angled back on it you can get roughly 3cuf. The box has to stick out a little past the front of the seat as well. It takes a complicated box but you can do it. I figured it all out on graphing paper a few months ago when I was thinking about getting another IDMAX.
hmm I never though about that. I guess I'm too lazy to scheme up something like that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have about 3 cu. ft. Gross under my seat with a 2" seat lift. I run a 15" Treo SSi slot ported tuned to 32hz. You can get more space by fiberglassing the buttom of the box and following the countour of the floor pan up towards the back wall like my box. Here are 2 pics:

sub1.jpg

sub4.jpg

sub2.jpg

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
Does anyoe mind sharing pics of lift brackets and methods for the seatback hooks?

·
EscaWHAT?
1,318 Posts
Its just a piece of channel. like, 2" or 3" with a cover in front. I saw some on the net, they look identical to theirs. looks like a box made from 18g steel, and the side is open.

I'll go ahead and make my own. I'm gonna use 3" channel and close em in. as far as the tabs behind the seat, I'll make one just long enough to catch. I'll have it to where I can fold my seat forward OR leave it up.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
What about the seatback hooks?

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for the help guys!! I already have an 1 1/2 lift on the seat that i made out of aluminum...

hey cajun is that a Id Max 10 or 12? I don't care about having it ported i only run sealed boxes so i don't need that much air per sub...

I know i have asked you this before cajun but, how much for you to build me one just like that?

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
its an IDMAX 10, which is plenty. haha for me anyways...

it would cost alot. Enough for me to put down my old truck project...problem isnt if I would do it, or if I want to it, but time to do it. If your not trying to get this done anytime soon and what to wait or just build a temp box and want to wait I have no problem hooking you up. I just need to finish my old project truck first.

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i can wait to tell you the truth... LOL!! I am getting married in sept. so i'll need a little extra money for honeymoon! I'm sure my fiance would appreciate it as well....

I've never had a ported speaker box always sealed for SQ... is ported what you recommend for an ext. cab truck?? the ID Max 12" i had in sealed box in my honda accord i had with 1100w arc audio amp. I can wait because i already have two tens to hold mevover. My id max was the reason i bought the IDQ's for my truck...

Just let me know a round about price for the box if you don't mind...

thanks

1 - 20 of 29 Posts