GMC Truck Forum banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you have never tried to do this I highly recommend it. I picked up the Mothers kit on sale yesterday at O'reilly's and its like magic. I have waxed my vehicles before but I have never used clay and after doing it to my truck yesterday and then just using a spray wax the results are amazing!

·
Registered
298 Posts
01gmc said let the bar do the work, so essentially I need not to apply much pressure unless I'm trying to get some water spots or something off?

·
*HONDA*CHEVY*
31 Posts
Gunna throw my .02 in and experience. Before I clay I use HOT water and blue dawn to strip any old wax and contaminants the bestIi can before starting the process.
Then, a good clay bar, usually mothers, a good 3M cleaner wax rub down to remove any scratches, then finish it off w/ a griots thick carnuba so seal/protect. My truck looks like it has a force field around it when it rains. Even when I throw mud up the side usually a quick spray makes it look clean again.

·
*HONDA*CHEVY*
31 Posts
I know this isn't necessarily about claying but check out this website for their detailing stuff. My dad just got some of their polish and gave it a shot and it kicks ass. I plan on trying some out as well.
http://www.chemicalguys.com/default.asp

·
Registered
3 Posts
i think the best clay I've ever used is simoniz not sure if its spelled right but they sell it at oreillys. the key to claying a car is doing it a section at a time and making sure you kneed the clay bar as it will help clean it

61 - 69 of 69 Posts