GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
GMFS founding member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, last night i decided to install the pile of boxes that has been sitting on my work bench since like before i traded the old truck. first i installed my hifonics 1000/1 under the driver seat, all went well with that. those scosce (sp?) install kits from walmart are pretty nice. took me 2 hours but i was taking my time. next in went the sirius tuner under the passenger seat. this thing was a bitch to wire up, running the massive data cable and RCAs behind the dash was no fun. until i took the cupholder and ashtray out. jason if you haven't installed your stuff yet, doing this makes running wires easy as hell. i got all my wires behind the dash, took the factory radio out and took a much deserved break after 6 hours of work. i took the headunit install kit out of the bag and looked at the instructions. where are the iso-din mounting brackets :think: i don't see any.

flashback to the kid who sold it to me at circuit city. he took the kit out of the bag to show it to me... they either fell out (i didn't see him open it) or he took them, or who knows. man i had everything in place, all i had to do was plug the headunit in and throw the dash back together. i could not fucking believe this! so i took it back to a closer circuit city today and they tried giving me shit about exchanging it! told me to take it back to the story where i bought it. ok, i'm not in that town right now, i'm in this town at this store and you're going to exchange the fucking install kit. i try not to form a stereotype about a +-17 year old kid working at circuit city (he looked like he drove the riced out cavalier parked across 3 spaces in employee parking) but this kid was a real asshole. he goes "yeah man, i can't take it back if it's missing parts." i was like OK son, but you can sell it missing parts?" long story short i talked to the installer dude and he hooked me up with a new one. as i was leaving i told the kid he had a bad attitude. he asked me what my problem was, i said "you, homeslice!" he looks at me so i asked him if he wanted to settle this with a race :burnout: fucker just looked at me.

i'm going to go finish the install now... long last couple of days :cheers: i still have to get a box and speakers, but the hard work is almost done.

·
adopt children not styles
454 Posts
DemoN said:
ok...you started to impress me with calling him out as a punk when you were walking out..even though you called him "homeslice"...but then you asked him if he wanted to settle it with a race?? :think:

the reason he stared at you is because he was trying to figure out WTF you're talking about.:read:
:LOL: and you were only assuming that he drove the riced out cavalier...for all you could have known it was the srt-10 you didnt see parked behind a tree :crazy:

·
GMFS founding member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Badassilverado said:
Asking him if he wanted to race cracks me up, reminds me of the fast and the furious, or demon :read:
that's how we settle scores around here. if you'd seen the car and then saw the dude you'd have known the two had to go together. i guess you had to be there.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
hovisimo said:
that's how we settle scores around here. if you'd seen the car and then saw the dude you'd have known the two had to go together. i guess you had to be there.
Im with you man. At Subway yesterday getting my normal turkey breast. I see this riced out civic in the lot . Big mid wing, side skirts, 16" chrome rims, "Type-S" badges, extra VTEC badges on the trunk lid, etc. Well I walk into Subway and see this guy with his sunglasses on his head, bleached hair, shirt and tie, the cocky way hes talking/joking with the chicks there and thought, yup thats his. Right as he was getting the sandwich he said he wanted it for there and I thought , well i wont see if its his. After he got it he left and got in the civic. I tried joking with the chick there and said "I knew that was his riced out pos civic.". She said "yeah its a nice car huh?", I said no and shook my head and got a blank stare from her

oh and thats what you get for going to CC! :evil:

·
GMFS founding member
4,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Badassilverado said:
Haha, nah I know what you mean by the car/dumbass. Little different in Houston though because you'll get busted for racing anywhere pretty much. Admittedly at one point I was stupid enough to do it but I wouldn't ever again.. at least not anywhere around here besides a desolate highway with no chance of other cars or police presence.

:imo

They recently changed the racing laws in TX to where it is basically an automatic arrest and even spectating can merit a ticket. I agree w/ the laws but I wouldn't want to be caught "spectating" by the wrong cop, that'd be some BS.
that sucks, i guess its a bigger problem there than here. yesterday at the mall a circa 1992 cavalier rolling on what appeared to be 20s pulled up next to me and revved. the kid could't have been older than 16 and had his racing lean going on, he was damn near halfway in the passenger seat. i gave him a head start and he thought he was winning until i hit 2nd gear, then 3rd about 2 seconds later (my auto shifts hella fast!) by the time the turbo spooled in 3rd it was over. i took off my turbo silencer, the cummins screams now. adds a nice audio effect to my kills.

this thread has gotten completely off topic. the rest of the install went pretty well except for a problem i will discuss later.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.