GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
The bezel just pulls off. The lower sections unscrew and then snap out. I'm not sure on the top, but i believe there are a few screws on each end and i would think it lifts off.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i just need the top....im gonna sand it and get it painted professionally....possible when i get my bumper cover painted....soon

·
Registered
177 Posts
1) you have to take off the dash bezel, and theres about 5 or 6 screws under it to take off

2) take off the fuse cover, and theres a cover on the opposite end that looks the same, there are 2 screws there on each side

3) pull out the a/c vents, theres a screw behind each

4) to get the bar that runs above the air bag off, there are 2 white plastic tabs you have to push them in and pull it out....You get to the tabs after you pull out the ac vents

5) twist the sensor up front to remove it...and your done

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thx.....i dont know if i will be sanding the dash though....it took me 2 hours just with the 220 grit, now im going back over with a 300 than a 400 than a 600 than a 1500

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I'm getting mine done pretty soon. I've got to raise some more money! But I'm doing the same thing you're doing SITNLO. I'm letting my painter paint it the same color as my truck cause I suck at it! I would like to paint the bezel a diff color other than my truck color like a two tone like Quiksilver did his but I don't know what color to go with? Does anybody know of a website that has factory colors that I could look at to get some ideas. That way if I find one like in another car brand I can get the paint code and he can go by that.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He doesnt have his bezel painted........its a C3 denali bezel...you can get em for like 46 bux from GMPD here's the PN 15075114

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
SITNLO said:
He doesnt have his bezel painted........its a C3 denali bezel...you can get em for like 46 bux from GMPD here's the PN 15075114
No I'm talking about his dash bezel being silver.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
What sensor? The one for the headlights?

After a few months the primer will sink back down into the texture. The best thing is to get a D.A. sander with 180 grit and sand it until it's smooth then spray it with a plastic promoter and then with some good filler primer and wetsand it, it's easier that way, ALOT easier.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
dabflyboy said:
what is a DA sander?
Dual Action ... it spins as well as orbits, that way you dont cut into anything liek you will wth a grinder ... you can get one cheap, electric or air powered.

·
Registered
68 Posts
elegalR1der said:
1) you have to take off the dash bezel, and theres about 5 or 6 screws under it to take off

2) take off the fuse cover, and theres a cover on the opposite end that looks the same, there are 2 screws there on each side

3) pull out the a/c vents, theres a screw behind each

4) to get the bar that runs above the air bag off, there are 2 white plastic tabs you have to push them in and pull it out....You get to the tabs after you pull out the ac vents

I did all that stuff but still cant seem to get it off.. should it slide off easy after that??

·
Registered
68 Posts
ok this is turning out to be the biggest pain in the ass ever.. someone plz help! I followed the 5 steps above to a T, but there are definitely clips still holding something in place towards the front of the upper dash. it wont budge and i am applying assloads of pressure to the thing.

i feel like the a-pillars are getting in the way too.. should i remove those?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts