GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some of you guys have removed the orange corner reflectors in your gmc's (looks sweet). Well I took off my headlights today & was going to give it a try but there is some sealant around the lens & the headlight assembly. I didn't want to break the lens so I stopped. Just wondering how you guys went about it. And also how did you reseal the lens, silicone? Thanks..Later.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
BeAsT said:
I see some of you guys have removed the orange corner reflectors in your gmc's (looks sweet). Well I took off my headlights today & was going to give it a try but there is some sealant around the lens & the headlight assembly. I didn't want to break the lens so I stopped. Just wondering how you guys went about it. And also how did you reseal the lens, silicone? Thanks..Later.
The tech article link has all the info you will need and a few pictures to help you along the way! I used silicon to reseal mine and have had zero leaking problems and its been that way for over 6 months :head: Just take your time, be gentle, and don't get into any hurries and you should be just fine.

If you have anymore questions about this, feel free to post them :)

D

·
0 Posts
I just cleared mine a few days ago! I took them off, sat down in the computer chair, turned on some music, and 30min later I was done.
Amazing how easy things go when you're not in a hurry. Oh yea, and I accidentally stabbed myself in the had with the flathead I was using. :pissed:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all....I'll sit down tomorrow and give it a try. I started the other day, but like you said I didn't want to rush it & I didn't have enough time. The lenses are seriously stuck on there with what looks like some grey sealant. I guess just scrape it off when I get done & silicone it up. Thanks again. :rocking:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
It is worth the little bit of time it takes...but couldn't this also be somewhat illegal??? Isn't there supposed to be a reflector on the side of the truck in the front and rear?? I doubt a cop would ever pull you over for that...but if he were a real dick and noticed it sometime, I guess its possible to get pulled over...but I reckon theres almost always something illegal on a customized truck.

·
Registered
752 Posts
That is the easiest mod in the book. Now some one needs to come up with a billet insert to go in there. I just finished my 15th set of lights anyone in central cali need them done, hit me up

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
If you have any problems pulling them apart , stick them in the oven for a few minutes at a low temp (150 degrees) . It will soften the sealent up a lil ... :D

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
Yeah , but not everybody has one .. I DO

Everybody has a Oven ... :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts