GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see some of you guys have removed the orange corner reflectors in your gmc's (looks sweet). Well I took off my headlights today & was going to give it a try but there is some sealant around the lens & the headlight assembly. I didn't want to break the lens so I stopped. Just wondering how you guys went about it. And also how did you reseal the lens, silicone? Thanks..Later.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
i believe someone posted a tech article on this. i'll try to find the link

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
BeAsT said:
I see some of you guys have removed the orange corner reflectors in your gmc's (looks sweet). Well I took off my headlights today & was going to give it a try but there is some sealant around the lens & the headlight assembly. I didn't want to break the lens so I stopped. Just wondering how you guys went about it. And also how did you reseal the lens, silicone? Thanks..Later.
The tech article link has all the info you will need and a few pictures to help you along the way! I used silicon to reseal mine and have had zero leaking problems and its been that way for over 6 months :head: Just take your time, be gentle, and don't get into any hurries and you should be just fine.

If you have anymore questions about this, feel free to post them :)

D

·
0 Posts
I just cleared mine a few days ago! I took them off, sat down in the computer chair, turned on some music, and 30min later I was done.
Amazing how easy things go when you're not in a hurry. Oh yea, and I accidentally stabbed myself in the had with the flathead I was using. :pissed:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all....I'll sit down tomorrow and give it a try. I started the other day, but like you said I didn't want to rush it & I didn't have enough time. The lenses are seriously stuck on there with what looks like some grey sealant. I guess just scrape it off when I get done & silicone it up. Thanks again. :rocking:

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
It is worth the little bit of time it takes...but couldn't this also be somewhat illegal??? Isn't there supposed to be a reflector on the side of the truck in the front and rear?? I doubt a cop would ever pull you over for that...but if he were a real dick and noticed it sometime, I guess its possible to get pulled over...but I reckon theres almost always something illegal on a customized truck.

·
Registered
752 Posts
That is the easiest mod in the book. Now some one needs to come up with a billet insert to go in there. I just finished my 15th set of lights anyone in central cali need them done, hit me up

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Sevenfold said:
I did the exact same thing the first time I did a set. I've done two since then and they get easier and easier. Don't be intimidated, it is REALLY easy.
Dam I did too!!! Hurt like hell!!!!

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
If you have any problems pulling them apart , stick them in the oven for a few minutes at a low temp (150 degrees) . It will soften the sealent up a lil ... :D

·
THE VIKING !!!
279 Posts
Yeah , but not everybody has one .. I DO

Everybody has a Oven ... :D

·
Alaskan Sierra
60 Posts
so do you think it would be that easy for the denali ones to be pulled apart? how step by step did you do it? any ideas on how to would be cool. :worship:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts