GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how in the world do i remove the pinstriping on my truck? ive tried acetone, mineral spirits, denatured alcoholic.. what will remove it???

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
painted.

i woudlnt mind the pinstriping if there wasnt about a 3-4" section on the side of the bed that its wore off..

going to try and find an eraser wheel local..

thanks

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don't know if an eraser wheel will remove the painted portion. I know a few friends that retired their lettered up work trucks had to scrub their lettering with thinner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The eraser wheel is used mostly for vinyl and adhesive products. The pinstripes can be removed with compound very carefully but may leave a ghost shadow. The stripes could be fixed eaiser by a striper in your area just let them connect the worn spots.
JTS

·
LSX LUV Owner
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was recommended a striper from a real good body shop.. but their idea of a nice stripe matching job was ridiculous. the color of stripe didnt match and the little section wasnt even straight. thats what im afraid of.. id rather have a missing section then a shitty fix.. i just cant see it blending good enough to not notice.. if i can notice id rather have a ghost stripe.

i took my emblems off with no ghosting..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Find yourself a good local detailer. They can prolly wetsand the stripe off.

·
Ballin' on a Budget
2,113 Posts
I was told oven cleaner but was afraid of that so I wetsanded all of mine off.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I was told oven cleaner but was afraid of that so I wetsanded all of mine off.

Thats an old school body shop trick. Oven cleaner actually works really well to remove over spray. Just make sure you don't leave it on the paint too long! Im sure it would remove the stripes too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts