GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How to run Components with a crossover in a '00 silverado? I can get the Door panel off, just not sure how to get old midrange speaker out (with damaging it) and wiring up the new ones! Thanks fellas!

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Smokinrice said:
How to run Components with a crossover in a '00 silverado? I can get the Door panel off, just not sure how to get old midrange speaker out (with damaging it) and wiring up the new ones! Thanks fellas!
My factory mid has a clip at the bottom that you just press in and the speaker comes out. Then there are 3 or 4 bolts to remove the factory plastic speaker hosing...if I remember correctly. It has been a while since I have had the factory speakers in my truck.

·
"TWSTD HD"
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have the separate tweeter in yours? I don't how to run the wires for the crossover? My speaker grille/cover has bent tabs on the back, it comes off easy but doesn't do anything to take it off.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Smokinrice said:
Do you have the separate tweeter in yours? I don't how to run the wires for the crossover? My speaker grille/cover has bent tabs on the back, it comes off easy but doesn't do anything to take it off.
off the back of the mid range speakers there should be 2 wires. Cut them, run them into ur cross over.

I'm running a seperate tweeter, the stock on kindof sucks. I drilled out a hole for my tweeters, and used the mounting pieces to get them to stay.

·
Loves yoga pants
2,412 Posts
Smokinrice said:
I actually made a tweeter pod out of 1/4" masonite by using the factory tweeter as a template. Then I drilled holes where the factory screws went and drilled screws thru and put a speed clip on the backside to hold the tweet in. I then used the proper wholesaw blade for my tweeter diameter and made a hole in the center of this pod...of course I had to remove the grill to install this and then reinstalled the grill after I was done. As for the wiring...I never use factory wiring...I simply ran a new wire thru the door grommet and placed my crossovers behined each kick panel. The output wire from the amp goes into the x-over input and the woofer and tweet outs to their respective places.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
here's how I ran mine....

3-way MB Quartz with crossovers mounted in the doors.... sorry for the bad pics

-Chris

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
thats really nice, you still use the covers right? what amp is that on?

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
94flamds10blazr said:
thats really nice, you still use the covers right? what amp is that on?

yes, i do. Install is still in progress... it's a Rockford 400.4 for the mids and they each are accompanied by 800.2's by their side..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts