GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
ufookinwotm8
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So unfortunately the time may be upon me that the Silvy must go....

With that being said, how can I go about selling my truck? The parentals have the idea that if we trade in both of our vehicles, that we can get a better deal on 2 cars (new for them, used for me) which is a bunch of baloney because the stealerships will jip you on trades, and as it stands, the Blue Book Value of my truck is only ~$5000.

So my choice, if this all goes through, would be to sell my truck. Problem is, I probably have more money in mods in the truck, than the truck is worth. Luckily most things can be reverted to stock like audio, wheels and some lighting.

But my question is, how do I sell the truck with the stuff that I can't swap to the next vehicle? I'm going to obviously take out my stereo, subs and wiring to put on the next vehicle. But I have a bunch of crap left over. I still have my stock wheels, old sub setup, stock tails and various odds and ends sitting in the garage. Should I just try and sell these left overs separate? Or just include them with the sale. Planning to sell for $8000 which leaves some negotiation room and will leave me enough cash to get the car I'm looking at with no cash out of my pocket.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Put the truck back to as stock as possible. Selling a modified vehicle really restricts the pool of potential buyers. Sell your leftovers on the forum or on craigslist. It doesn't make any sense at all to uninstall everything, then include it with the truck when you sell it.

Also, did I read that right that you are going to list your truck for sale for $8000 when blue book is $5000? If so, good luck getting any calls. If you're in the ballpark you'll get people to call but if it's significantly overpriced like that people won't waste their time on you. The value of your truck is driven by what people are willing to pay for it, not what you wish you could get out of it.

·
Mmm Sandwich
15,692 Posts
Blue book private party value. List for that. No one wants a 4.3

·
ufookinwotm8
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My truck was listed at the stealership for 14k. Didnt buy it for that obviously but seems like unsuspecting buyers can fall for that.

Plus there's always those people that want a truck and gas mileage at the same time.

Not to mention I live in an area where livestock and agriculture is a major thing. So I'm sure somebody needs a cheap work mule they can bash around on their land.

·
ufookinwotm8
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put the truck back to as stock as possible. Selling a modified vehicle really restricts the pool of potential buyers. Sell your leftovers on the forum or on craigslist. It doesn't make any sense at all to uninstall everything, then include it with the truck when you sell it.

Also, did I read that right that you are going to list your truck for sale for $8000 when blue book is $5000? If so, good luck getting any calls. If you're in the ballpark you'll get people to call but if it's significantly overpriced like that people won't waste their time on you. The value of your truck is driven by what people are willing to pay for it, not what you wish you could get out of it.
I've tried selling my stuff already. Nobody wants to pay what I'm asking. I was asking 200 for my set of stock wheels and 200 for my old audio setup which consisted of two 12" subs with boxes that fit behind my seats and a 300W amp.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
If no one wants to pay what you're asking then you're asking too much. If you don't want to sell it for what the market is supporting, then keep it. I'm not sure what advice you're after here...sounds like you're asking how you can get more for your truck and extra stuff than it's worth?

·
Formerly TrucknGolf
2,182 Posts
Is your wagon 4wd? New mexico has super low used car values btw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts