GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to fore go my SAS, I just do not have the time or $ for it at this point. Anyway, everyone that wants this front '79 60 lives far enough away to ship it. How do I go about shipping it? Strap it a pallet? A crate? What do I do?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Mine was shipped on 2 pallets nailed together with a plywood crate built around it. Was very sturdy, the crate was built out of a 2x4 frame on the pallet. Make SURE a forklift can get under it.

·
NorCalOffRoad
155 Posts
like he said pallet/crate it. Charge the buyer for it. Use forward air to ship.
Unless its a bare housing, I have shipped an empty rear 10 bolt to new york via UPS. I just shrink wraped the crap outta it, wire tired the axles in place.

Oh how much are you asking for the 60?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am asking 1100obo on a disassembled '79 Ford D60. Have all the parts minus a bolt here or there. Even the brakes and lockouts :D.

Can forward air back a forklift up to my truck and pull the pallet out? dieselling it up there will be fun enough for me.

·
NorCalOffRoad
155 Posts
Sr2003 said:
I am asking 1100obo on a disassembled '79 Ford D60. Have all the parts minus a bolt here or there. Even the brakes and lockouts :D.

Can forward air back a forklift up to my truck and pull the pallet out? dieselling it up there will be fun enough for me.
Personally I have never used them. But I think they can get a forklift to your truck. The thing that sucks is you have to pay via money order. I have some friends that ship motorcycles via forward air. Which reminds me of something, try going to a motorcycle dealer and seeing if they have one of the metal creates that the bikes come in, you prob only need the bottom, but it should be long enough for a front end to fit on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts