GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any tutorials out there to remove the front spindles and rear blocks? I am taking my truck back to stock! Its an 09 Sierra, thanks!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Every lift out there has install instructions.... Go download the guide from RCX, BDS, Rancho....

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
if you put the spindles and block on.. you should be able to take them off :p

·
Registered
10,976 Posts
Front. Remove upper and lower bj nut, remove tre nut, bfh all 3 joints, spindle is off. Swap hub to stock spindle.
Rear. Remove 8 u bolt nuts, pull block, install shorter u bolts if necessary.
Pretty simple

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
do as brandon said.. youll be fine.. since it's relatively new and you probably have zero rust, should be easy as hell.. set aside a good amount of time one day ~3hours just so you double check everything.. take your time, learn a bit.. i'm in the same boat as you.. extra time helps you learn

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How come your deciding to remove everything.
I never installed the UCA's, so it wont align properly. I heard others have perfectly fine. Just feel like going back down. I may get some 5100's and set it at .85" for a little bit of squat!

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
I never installed the UCA's, so it wont align properly. I heard others have perfectly fine. Just feel like going back down. I may get some 5100's and set it at .85" for a little bit of squat!
Why not just buy UCA's instead of undoing everything you've accomplished thusfar??? Not poking fun, just curious.

My wife's Tahoe barely fell into spec on the alignment rack. Although it was within spec, the cam-plates were maxed out! That alone was enough to convince me that I needed the UCA's.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why not just buy UCA's instead of undoing everything you've accomplished thusfar??? Not poking fun, just curious.

My wife's Tahoe barely fell into spec on the alignment rack. Although it was within spec, the cam-plates were maxed out! That alone was enough to convince me that I needed the UCA's.
I have them, they're just sitting in my closet... lol! Just not really what I want at this point, I just miss the smooth ride while it was leveled.

·
Your welcome
1,581 Posts
So you buy spindles like them a lot now want to go back lower :perkinswhatever:

Normally people want to lift it moar..

Keep it as is looks great

·
15 RCSB Z71
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain 6.2L
3,447 Posts

·
Banned
2,851 Posts
I have them, they're just sitting in my closet... lol! Just not really what I want at this point, I just miss the smooth ride while it was leveled.
UCA's will make it ride as it did before.... Promise...

Been there, have the T-shirt.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Where are you located? Maybe one of us Texas guys that have uca's can give you a ride so you can see the difference.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Where are you located? Maybe one of us Texas guys that have uca's can give you a ride so you can see the difference.
Im in Granbury, southwest of Fort Worth! I may try and put the UCA's on and see how it rides, and from there, I will make my decision!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts