GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have the a stock radio in a 08 pickup and had it wired up with a line level converter running to an amp powering a couple of subs. Everything worked fine until the amplifier setup underneath the seat kind of got torn apart (long story, most of the wires got yanked out etc.) Well anyway, now I cant get the subwoofers any signal. I have a new amp hooked up but no bass is being made. I'm pretty sure the battery and ground wires are good. I was just wondering how to check if there is good signal at the RCA ends of the wires coming from my radio. Basically wondering if there was a way to check without tearing the dash apart. Perhaps the line level converter went bad or there are wires crossed somewhere? Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hook something else up to them?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I'm thinking the converter must be bad or the wiring for the converter is messed up in the dash. If that is the case I was thinking of purchasing this unit:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=366&CategoryID=28

This should just plug right into the existing connections should it not? Then I would just use the two rear RCA outputs? Its a 2008 Silverado by the way.

Edit: Its a non Bose system as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts