GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bro just got his other sub in...

So they are Dual 4ohm 10" subs running off of a JBL 600.1 How do I need to wire them? Thanks

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
run two sets of wires, one to each respective side. Use only one set of voice coils. Send each set off both subs to the amp. It'll be parallel at 2 ohms.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Why only use one voice coil?? you say the subs are dual 4ohm meaning each coil is 4 ohms (as opposed to being two two ohm coils) so just run a wire from one pos to the other coils neg then from the remaining pos and neg together then into the amp creating a 2ohm load.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
err, i might be wrong with that, but if u run them in series parallel, u'll end up with a 4 ohm load. Or in series series circuit u'd end up with a 16 ohm load, and that wouldn't work very well...

hes got 2 subs...

·
Registered
832 Posts
yea series and series you would end up @ 16...damn...i was thinking 2 ohm VC even tho i clearly said 4 ohm! i run dual two ohms and have them set up to run at 2 ohms for now...if he has dual 4 ohm coils he would have to use one coil unless that amp is stable to one ohm. sorry my brain is fried trying to lay out my new system perfectly.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
Eisenfaust said:
yea series and series you would end up @ 16...damn...i was thinking 2 ohm VC even tho i clearly said 4 ohm! i run dual two ohms and have them set up to run at 2 ohms for now...if he has dual 4 ohm coils he would have to use one coil unless that amp is stable to one ohm. sorry my brain is fried trying to lay out my new system perfectly.
lol its all good... we just don't want him running 16 ohms... :read:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is the thing, its not stable at 1ohm even though people have ran this amp at one ohm I dont want to try it.. So its setup for the 4ohm...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts