1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
uyour gonna have to have a hell of a good back spacing to run 275/45 on a 5/7

·
Registered
6,254 Posts
those tires wont work with a 5/7. You can run a 245/40/20.....is it DJM drop? Where u at in Nor Cal?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so right now i have a 2/3 with helper bags in the rear for when i tow where so i go from there if i wanted to bag the whole truck i dont want to c- notch the frame very much i still want to put my sportbike in the bed if i need to. so how low can i go show pics as examples if at all possible. thanks.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Xseries-hauler said:
anyone have pics of a 5/7 on a rcsb with 20's??
DJM makes a kit Calmax 3 .. this is the only sucky picture I could find. Too low in my opinion for a daily driver ... go with a 4/6 or bag it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the pic bcubed will i have problems going over speed bumps will i have to notch the frame anything like that the only reason im opposed to bagging it is the ride its too bouncy and handles like shit im not going to be auto crossing it but when i go the lake the roads are windy and i want it to be able to actually handle on those roads. i like the look of the 5/ 7 too :drool:

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
you'll scrape the hell out of speed bumps with a 5/7. A properly installed air suspension rides better than any static drop IMO. And with air, you won't be stuck so damn low all the time.

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Xseries-hauler said:
thanks for the advise so air it is what are my options?> whats a good setup with out nothing the hell out of my frame?

You can use a bolt in notch .. not drastic. First question I have, do you still want to be able to tow with your truck, like a boat? If so, you need to look into the Air Ride Air bar for the back :imo

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
Xseries-hauler said:
yea still want to tow but if i use that bar could i still put my bike in the back?
Sure, you dont cut or modify the bed at all .. and you will have at least 9-11 inches of lift in the back so you wont bottom out.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.