GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting 6+ weeks for my Gray 20" AR Torq Thrust St's but they are sill on back order and I checked on them today and they said it is now showing 30 more days which seems the same thing every time I call they keep pushing them back and they don't really know when they will get them. So I don't really want to have to go all summer with just my stockers on so I like the looks of the Chrome 20" Torq Thrust ST's but i was wanting painted rims for the easy up keep. If I just run the Chrome in the summer which my truck stays parked in a building collecting dust for most of its life will the chrome finish hold up without peeling or pitting for years to come or should I just wait on the painted ones which I like the idea if I ever have to use the rims in the winter. THANKS!!!

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
08Chevy has those wheels PM him and ask how the chrome is holding up.

Keep a good sealant or polish on them and I'm sure they'll be fine.

·
SC 6.0
588 Posts
I've had my Torq Thrust II's for about 4 years now. Put them on the truck in '05. Of course all I get down here in So Cal is light rain and lots of dust. No pitting on the chrome. I don't really take care of them. But when I do decide to clean them up really good they still look pretty good. My dad worked for ARE for about 29 years before they closed down their SoCal plant.

From what I understand most wheels were being made in China in the last few months & Mexico. They were not passing QC.

I love those wheels they have that old school look. Also the center caps sticker peels off quickly. =(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts