GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now run either a 29" or 28" tall tire, depends on if it is my stock 16" rims or my 18" Center Lines. If I run a 25.5" tire will this hurt me? I will probably have to redo my shift points too, right?

I'm planing on mounting some Nitto 555R 245/50-16 on some spare tire rims. Your thoughts!

·
internet bigot®
4,016 Posts
less rotational diameter, i would think it would help a little, but not if you went to small... it will be lighter as well....

you will have to change your speedo cal. not sure about shift points...

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
1TRUESS said:
I now run either a 29" or 28" tall tire, depends on if it is my stock 16" rims or my 18" Center Lines. If I run a 25.5" tire will this hurt me? I will probably have to redo my shift points too, right?

I'm planing on mounting some Nitto 555R 245/50-16 on some spare tire rims. Your thoughts!
Are you trying to make a pair of wheels for the track, you did mention you were going to mount these tires on your spare tire rims?
If so, why go so narrow, the 245 ... for racing you'd be better off to put something like a 295 on the back.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having trouble finding the right tire for my spare rims.

·
Registered
3 Posts
you should go with some BFG drag radials, if your just gonna use them at the track, there the way to go, they hook much better than nittos at the track.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts