GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Is this thing on?
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 250 mile road trip in the escarado today, I was wondering if my rough ride is normal?

I have the KP 4 link and canti with air lift bags, and the shocks that came from KP. Every time i hit a bump in the road the whole truck shifted side ways? Is this normal? There wasn't much bounce to it though. So i think the shocks are still good?

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
mines kinda the same way, it seems like its just the rear because theres no weight back there. im running the same 6link and the kp shocks. ill be upgrading to better shocks real soon though, so hopefully it corrects it

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Are you running a watts link or panhard bar? Watts link will help with the shifting.

·
Is this thing on?
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Panhard

·
Masshole
5,276 Posts
word i got the watts as well. a lot of people say its rides much better with upgraded shocks. i think im just going to run the monroe sensa tracs, probably not going to bother with the varishocks

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
the 6-link to me rides floaty as hell. On the interstate I thought i was on a boat.

But it is perfect around town IMO.
stock kp or aftermarket shocks?

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
i have a soft ride out of mine as well, but it is a comfortable ride. I'd like to switch out the rear shocks and change the 'bags over to slams..that should firm it up a bit.

·
umm...hello.
102 Posts
i run a six link with slams and adjustable shocks. rides good with an empty bed. rides perfect imo with some weight in the bed. switching over to the different shocks helped out alot.

·
Is this thing on?
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maybe I'll try some different shocks. Because the was it is now if you hit a bump in the road or a pot hole it throws you all over the place, almost into the other lane.

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
i run a six link with slams and adjustable shocks. rides good with an empty bed. rides perfect imo with some weight in the bed. switching over to the different shocks helped out alot.
you think you would have any time to help me bag my truck like yours and not lay out?
im so sick of being stock suspension wise.
if not, no worries.:shake:

click the link in my sig for info on a meet in april!

·
Pebble Pushers
3,028 Posts
you think you would have any time to help me bag my truck like yours and not lay out?
im so sick of being stock suspension wise.
if not, no worries.:shake:

click the link in my sig for info on a meet in april!
not lay out!! why the fuck would you do that?

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
all those mother fuckers in norcal and you cant get anybody to help you bag your shit alex. thats just fucked up.
not too many people know how.
not lay out!! why the fuck would you do that?
save cash and i dont wanna cut up my bed.

i will eventually raise the bed floor, notch and tub for 24s, and hydroboost it... but ill need a shop to do that.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
save your money gather your parts.
bring your truck up this summer stay in my guest room. and ill help you do that shit. if you commit to that and make the trip ill do it for free. shit i did dustins truck for free and that guy turned out not to be a friend. lol. but thats a different story. and i have yet to hear of any problems with his truck
and if your gonna be runnin 17s get a 255/60/17. youll be damn close to laying ill get everything done excpet the bed and firewall tubs. but we can raise everything underneath and cut out your front fenders

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
save your money gather your parts.
bring your truck up this summer stay in my guest room. and ill help you do that shit. if you commit to that and make the trip ill do it for free. shit i did dustins truck for free and that guy turned out not to be a friend. lol. but thats a different story. and i have yet to hear of any problems with his truck
and if your gonna be runnin 17s get a 255/60/17. youll be damn close to laying ill get everything done excpet the bed and firewall tubs. but we can raise everything underneath and cut out your front fenders

lol im alrdy making a 10 day summer trip to washington

i might have to drive and drop the blue beast off at your house and you can body drop it for me

·
Perfect Poise
1,344 Posts
oh and to answer your question, my truck kinda sucks with the pan hard bar

wish i had a watts

·
under construction
297 Posts
Mine rides good but im startin not to like the soft ass ride, I think ima switch to re7s to firm it up a bit. Rite now im runnin monroe sensatracs and re8s with a watts

1 - 20 of 39 Posts