GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Short story and a question...I went to the L.A. Zoo yesterday and on the way back on I-5 after I came over the grapevine and on flat road I set the cruise control at 75. hile driving down the road the truck kicks out of overdrive and into drive and starts to acceleratefor no unknown reason. I check all my gauges just to make sure nothing is wrong and the truck shifts back into over drive. I thought maybe we were on a hill but I don't see any signs of being on a hill and just then it does it again. It did this about 5 times before I dropped it into drive just to see what happenes and it doesn't do it again. I left it in drive for 10 miles and it drove just fine. I put it back into OD and within 30-45 sec. it does it again.
Why does it do this??? It's a 4.8 V8 lifted 4/2 with 285's on it. I put a K&N filter in it to replace the stock filter. It is completely stock as far as perfromance. Do I need more HP to keep it from doing this again, if so what are some good/cheap ideas, or do I need gears to give it more torque. I know my wife's GT bullit series Mustang doesn't do it on that road. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
378 Posts
did you change tire size?? if so it needs to ber reprogrammed to the correct tire size. the truck is programmed for one size and it is reading another telling it is spinning slower therefore causing it to accelerate to get them turning the correct speed.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the tires are bigger than stock. The speedometer reads 5 mph slower than atual speed. The truck doesn't do this while I go to work, I also travel 65mph. I wonder if the higher speed and more resistance has anything to do with it. anyone have any ideas?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts