GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Short story and a question...I went to the L.A. Zoo yesterday and on the way back on I-5 after I came over the grapevine and on flat road I set the cruise control at 75. hile driving down the road the truck kicks out of overdrive and into drive and starts to acceleratefor no unknown reason. I check all my gauges just to make sure nothing is wrong and the truck shifts back into over drive. I thought maybe we were on a hill but I don't see any signs of being on a hill and just then it does it again. It did this about 5 times before I dropped it into drive just to see what happenes and it doesn't do it again. I left it in drive for 10 miles and it drove just fine. I put it back into OD and within 30-45 sec. it does it again.
Why does it do this??? It's a 4.8 V8 lifted 4/2 with 285's on it. I put a K&N filter in it to replace the stock filter. It is completely stock as far as perfromance. Do I need more HP to keep it from doing this again, if so what are some good/cheap ideas, or do I need gears to give it more torque. I know my wife's GT bullit series Mustang doesn't do it on that road. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the tires are bigger than stock. The speedometer reads 5 mph slower than atual speed. The truck doesn't do this while I go to work, I also travel 65mph. I wonder if the higher speed and more resistance has anything to do with it. anyone have any ideas?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts