GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just changed out my stock head unit with an old JVC 2volt and wow, what a difference it made!!! Now, I can't wait until my Crystal 6.5 comps come~~

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
lol a 2 volt JVC? If that made a difference to you then switching to a 4v Alpine or Pioneer deck would be orgasmic to you.

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn!!! Gotta save up now!!!!

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
lol a 2 volt JVC? If that made a difference to you then switching to a 4v Alpine or Pioneer deck would be orgasmic to you.
yeah man if you think JVC is good, you'd go into a coma over an Alpine or Pioneer

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
why did it make such a big difference? In sound quailty or something. If so why does it cause the difference? Id that the only aftermarket sound upgrade you have?

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's because the head unit has a build in amplifier. While small it's able to put out the standard 16watts rms or 54 watts max.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's because the head unit has a build in amplifier. While small it's able to put out the standard 16watts rms or 54 watts max.
cool, thanks man. I didnt know that you would be able to actually hear the difference. That makes sense though. Makes me want a headunit now, Im pretty sure im gonna pick up blue03's pretty soon.

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
why did it make such a big difference? In sound quailty or something. If so why does it cause the difference? Id that the only aftermarket sound upgrade you have?
No, I have Alpine comps in the doors(waiting on my Crystals to show), with a Crunch 100.4, and a L7 12", with a Kicker 600.1~the aftermarket HU I had just made it cleaner and louder. I could only imagine what a larger, nicer HU would do. How are the JVC Arsenal HU's??? I thought about getting a 5volt in a JVC, so I could keep my CD changer.

·
No one lays pipe like me
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How are the JVC Arsenal HU's??? I thought about getting a 5volt in a JVC, so I could keep my CD changer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts