GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles and what size tires where you running when they started to give out?? I ask since the alignment guy said my driver said had some play in it. Havent personally check but figured it would be a good topic.

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So doing a quick search price seem to fluctuate. Is there a brand that is preferred. My searches didnt yield a moog part number so whose the best manufacturer.

·
is Bi-Winning and a
8,241 Posts
So doing a quick search price seem to fluctuate. Is there a brand that is preferred. My searches didnt yield a moog part number so whose the best manufacturer.
Dont cheap out on them and they should last for a while. I bought the best ones NAPA sold and im pretty sure they came with a warranty.

·
Bad Luck is all i got.
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So how does everyone feel about timken?? I know they are like "the" bearing manufacturer. That or ACDelco which are about 100 bucks more each.

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Timken's are good hubs....I've put them on some of my old trucks

BTW hubs on my HD lasted around 50k with about 25k on 41's and 25k on 38's, fixed under warranty :head: :D

·
Registered
6,654 Posts
I just replaced both of mine. I bought 2 Factory take off hubs from a truck with 5 miles on it from Nordstrom motors on Amazon. They were $75 each shipped and came in looking fantastic. I had heard good things about Nordstrom and they didn't disappoint.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
atleast it spun.. when i replaced mine my drivers side didnt turn at all..

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Jack up the truck and push and pull on parts and make and assumption then. A clicking noixe reflecting a bad hub is merely an assumption!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I got just under 90k on mine, turning 35's under my d-max.

From what I have read (at least on the HD's) that brake setup and maintenance has a PROFOUND effect on hub life. The pads like to stick in the sliders which makes them drag a bit, constantly overheat the rotors, and torches the hubs.

That is what I "hear" anyway.

I replaced mine with a pair of Timken hubs from dmaxstore.com Great price and lifetime warranty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts