GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
this
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will the hubs out of 84 10 bolt fit into a 76 dana 44?

im swapping out a full time 203 for a 208. The dana is fulltime so i need to convert it over to part time.
Ive already got the 10 bolt hubs so can i use them?

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Well how many splines are the lockouts, I kow there is at last 2 different outer shaft sizes for a dana 44, a 10 spline and a 19 spline. Im at a blank right now how many splines a front 10 bolt is. Honestly though I dont think they interchange but I very well could be wrong. Maybe someoen else ehre isnt having such a brain fart.

·
this
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya know..this is why i kinda like this place..even if i dont get a 100% correct answer i still get an answer fairly quick!

the dana is 19 ..not sure about the 10 bolt, never had it apart. The hubs are fairly old so i will prob go with new ones anyway. I was just trying to see if they would work for a while till i get get some new ones in.

Appreciate it Dark!

·
6,656 Posts
if your looking to buy new hubs talk to rodney at lil devil motorsports (one of our prefered vendors) I just bought my warn permium 35 spline dana 60 hubs from him and he had a very good price and was just a pleasure to work with. I belive they were 192 shipped, and the cheapest i found them online was like 186 with no shipping which is usually at least 10 bucks, closer to 20 so I feel I got a good deal.

·
this
1,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does he do gears also? I miiight need some 4.56's for a 14FF

When converting over from full time to part time do you know of anything else i need to swap? I dont know of too many people who have done this?

·
6,656 Posts
i duno, i think he sells gears you would have to ask. I bought mine off of a vendor I found on ebay that got me an amazing price on precision gears. As far as what else to do, the lockouts are the only thing I can think of other than obvisoult swaping the case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts