GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 chevy silverado 1500 classic with a 12" lift kit on and 38" tires. My hubs are bad and im getting ready to replace them but i was wondering if anybody knows if theres a more heavy duty hub then the stock ones that would help prevent these from going bad as quickly again. thanks!

·
mud racing
155 Posts
As far as I know there are no upgrades other than a solid axle swap with a dana 60. Alot of people have good luck with Timkens. As far as hubs go I have never found better quality than stock. I usually get junkyard hubs for my jeeps for $20 at a u pull it. Low mileage and no mud is what counts. Hubs don't go bad on stock vehicles that stay on the pavement. My father had 380k on his stock hubs on his grand cherokee, it was never taken off the pavement. I consider low mileage junkyard hubs better than 98% of your aftermarket hubs. As I stated in another post though, some people just can't stomach the fact of junkyard hubs and must buy new, under that case Timkens or dealership are going to be your best bet.

·
Max
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know there are no upgrades other than a solid axle swap with a dana 60. Alot of people have good luck with Timkens. As far as hubs go I have never found better quality than stock. I usually get junkyard hubs for my jeeps for $20 at a u pull it. Low mileage and no mud is what counts. Hubs don't go bad on stock vehicles that stay on the pavement. My father had 380k on his stock hubs on his grand cherokee, it was never taken off the pavement. I consider low mileage junkyard hubs better than 98% of your aftermarket hubs. As I stated in another post though, some people just can't stomach the fact of junkyard hubs and must buy new, under that case Timkens or dealership are going to be your best bet.
Thank you sir! That is a big help.

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
About to replace my second hub at 83K. Driver went bad abotu 60k ish now the pass had about 1/2" of play. Need to change it soon. National/ timken is a good replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts