GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i couldn't find any threads where someone had fully debadged an 07 Silvy, is that gigantic bowtie on the tailgate just a stick-on or is it bolted in there? I know some of the larger badges on some cars actually have holes in em (like on the grill) to keep the badge in place.

Anyone debadged this thing yet?

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
Its bolted on in the back dude. You can actually peel the gold layer of the top though which wil leave you with a billet looking bowtie behind. Doesn't look to shabby

·
is probably detailing...
6,749 Posts
Actually if its like the Avy its not bolted. Its held on with adhesive like most of the other badges, but there is 2 holes underneath.... almost like they intended to bolt it on, but opted for glue instead. :think:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
yea i just pulled mine off too...warm up and peal off. fishing wire helps

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
looks clean :imo

·
Hard Work, Clean Living
317 Posts
HOW TO... How do I debadge my truck and not F-up the paint??

·
Z71 Avalanche
830 Posts
HOW TO... How do I debadge my truck and not F-up the paint??
blow drier, goo gone, chamois, fishing wire....turn the blow direr on and run it back and forth over the badges for a couple minutes then saw with fishing line, you may hafta do this multiple times, have patience, then use the goo gone and chamois to get the glue off, dont use a regular towel it will scratch the paint

·
Hard Work, Clean Living
317 Posts
blow drier, goo gone, chamois, fishing wire....turn the blow direr on and run it back and forth over the badges for a couple minutes then saw with fishing line, you may hafta do this multiple times, have patience, then use the goo gone and chamois to get the glue off, dont use a regular towel it will scratch the paint
NICE thanks a lot. I'll more then likely do that tomorrow at work. I appriciate the quick response, Walter.:shake:

·
Registered
59 Posts
What I did was I used a Hair Dryer, I heated the emblem for a length of time ( I counted to 45) and then I used an old t-shirt to protect my fingers and pulled on the edges of the emblems, if you've done it correctly all the sticky junk will still be on the back of the emblem. If not, it will have stayed on the truck's paint... no worries. Heat the leftover glue some more, get it nice and hot, now.. there might be a better way to do this but this was my method, I used my fingernail to get one corner of the glue started, and if you can pull this off before it gets cool again it should peel off in one piece. Then, I used 3m Adhesive remover to get totally rid of any left over glue.

·
Registered
8,853 Posts
god those look soo much better without that hideous huge bowtie, i almost opted into not thinkin about gettin one for that main reason, i'm glad to see that there are no holes and it's as easy as somethin i could do in my own driveway.

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
i would like to see the huge bowtie painted body color or something similar

think it would look nice

1 - 18 of 18 Posts