GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got two 12" RF p3 subs and right now they are in a normal square box sitting on my back seat. I was wondering if anybody has taken out their back seat and built some kind of box in it's place. Not a wall but just a box for 2 12's. Is it a good idea and how hard is it to make a box that works well with the subs? thanks

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
alot of people have done it but imo its not worth it for 2 12's maybe 4 15's i would do it...

what i am working on is a center console box for 2 12's in my 03 and i know the obs trucks have a larger gap between seats so it would be easier

·
GMFS Firefighter
133 Posts
well i took out mine, but i have one 15 in a 4 cube box, next week i am gettin 2 15's, and i am building an 4 cube box for them. but i agree, i dont think that 12's are worth it. Just fold the seat up if you have to, then if you want to carry ppl you can just take the box out and fold the seat down.

Wes

·
why jonny ringo...
629 Posts
i pulled out the seat on a 97, put three 12" w6's, firing forward, put the amps on top with removalble grills, wish i had pics, but it was before my intro to the digital era

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
If you wanna pull the backseat, do it. Build a huge ported box for the 12's with a big square port in the middle. Try to get the port big enough to stick your head in. lmao

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Hey, I have a 95 ext. cab. I pulled out the back seat and built a box that spans the entire back of the cab with 2 Audiobahn High Excursion 12's. The box also includes spots where I mounted the amp and capacitor. Just remember the more you have on the box, the better it looks, so try mounting your amp and anything that goes with the system on the box, and it will look awsome. Mine does. Oh yeah to find box parameters that perfectly match you subs so you get the best sound, I recommend www.loudspeakers101.com. :head: :head: :guns:

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts

only setup i'd consider taking my rear seat out for. My paint guy painted the truck too. Its pretty loud, i mean 8 12s and all...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts