GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Sweet lord. I heard it when I was in there and someone was telling a guy over the phone how much it was.
They charge alot but when it comes to tires, they are cheap. They quoted me for like 400 less than 4wp

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
haha didnt even know they sold tires. Yeah I laughed them off the phone when they said that. I could probably make my damn truck fly or be submersable for 30k!!

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
I'd start my own damn lift company with that lol.
Well lets see how much cheaper they are on a different tire because I think I'm going to get 38's instead

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Hmm, 30k eh, sounds about right if your talking about sfa front conversion and front and rear 4 link... I have over 20k in my front and rear... Thats with no labor charges.

·
6,656 Posts
that was not including the axles.... just the coilovers, links etc.... Its supposidly a "bolt on" kit

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
They said with the axles and 12-13k without them.
I have the body lift on right now and I'm planning on getting the 9.5

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here's how I look at it. 5-6k for a Huge IFS lift, or 6-8k for a SFA swap, maybe less with the d44. However, with the IFS lift, you just created a time bomb. I would trust that d44 long before that half ton IFS running gear.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Theres a place down here in Phoenix that would do a D60 front with 4-link a engine cage with coil-overs out of the hood and 14bolt rear with a bed cage with reservoir shocks for 15k. Both axles are re-geared and lockers. And an Atlas II transfer case.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
You are saying 6-8k for a SFA if you do it yourself. I like 90% of truck owners, lack the mechanical skills to do it. I sure as hell would love to do it but it just isn't fesable so IFS is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I don't look at it as a matter of whether I can afford it, or if I can do it myself. I look at the safety aspect, I don't think IFS is safe with a big lift.

·
6,656 Posts
not a 20" lift on 49s its not :nono:

Ive said it a billion times before and I will again. Anything over a 36-37 will tear your ifs up real bad, anything over a 40 on half ton IFS is unsafe in my eyes.

·
6,656 Posts
Not even a street queen. The stock tires are about 75 lbs or less with a wheel. Those 49s are over 250 each with wheels. Does that sound safe to you? Would you want to be in front of him if he had to stop fast because of some unseen reason? Sure the lift itself is probably very sturdy, but the stock parts arnt. I wouldnt be surprised if a tire that big snapped a control arm right off by hitting a big pot hole or curb. Just doesnt seem safe to me. There are limits and that huge is just past it.

·
rollin stock!
522 Posts
its what you do with your big ifs lift and how you drive it, will generally tell you if it will last to big tires. but with IFS I agree you probably wouldnt want to go any bigger than 40's on a stock 1/2 front.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
One thing I notice in my town, I see a ton of hugely lifted trucks in camera ads for sale all the time. It's like the person throws on 16" of lift and 40's then realizes it won't ride like a stock truck anymore and they sell it... Theres probably 20 new ones every week. And they are all brand new trucks...

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
willyswanter said:
One thing I notice in my town, I see a ton of hugely lifted trucks in camera ads for sale all the time. It's like the person throws on 16" of lift and 40's then realizes it won't ride like a stock truck anymore and they sell it... Theres probably 20 new ones every week. And they are all brand new trucks...
That happens all too often.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts