GMC Truck Forum banner

Huge IFS Lift Options

5K views 41 replies 13 participants last post by  zubyc 
#1 ·
just as im getting set to order SFA parts a number of people have tried talking me out of it and just doing a huge IFS lift. Well what options do i have and at what price. Main reason i want to do SFA is so i can get 44's well if i went with and IFS lift i would want atleast 40's-42's. What lifts will attaing this for me even if it is in conjuction with a B-lift? THing is wouldnt an IFS lift that would clear that much almost be as much as the SFA swap once tires, labor and lift are figured in?

#35 ·
Not even a street queen. The stock tires are about 75 lbs or less with a wheel. Those 49s are over 250 each with wheels. Does that sound safe to you? Would you want to be in front of him if he had to stop fast because of some unseen reason? Sure the lift itself is probably very sturdy, but the stock parts arnt. I wouldnt be surprised if a tire that big snapped a control arm right off by hitting a big pot hole or curb. Just doesnt seem safe to me. There are limits and that huge is just past it.

#38 ·
One thing I notice in my town, I see a ton of hugely lifted trucks in camera ads for sale all the time. It's like the person throws on 16" of lift and 40's then realizes it won't ride like a stock truck anymore and they sell it... Theres probably 20 new ones every week. And they are all brand new trucks...

#39 ·
willyswanter said:
One thing I notice in my town, I see a ton of hugely lifted trucks in camera ads for sale all the time. It's like the person throws on 16" of lift and 40's then realizes it won't ride like a stock truck anymore and they sell it... Theres probably 20 new ones every week. And they are all brand new trucks...
That happens all too often.

#41 ·
dude i have a 2002 chevy half ton, i had a 9" dick cepek suspension on it, and it worked great with 39's, and never had any problems with it off-road. I am putting a 14" 3rd Coast Custom lift kit on by summer, and im going to run 46's, but of course it will be use-less off-road, but i don't care it will look badass, but if i had the money i would definitly do the SFA swap, good luck your truck is gonna be a bad machine either way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.