GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Thats Lions Back in Moab, heres a pic I took from the top:

I don't think I would ever drive up then back down... The turn around area at the top is about 20 feet wide, not a problem for something short like a hmmwv, but my truck would be interesting... And when you see this off to the side:

It really makes you think twice...

·
adopt children not styles
454 Posts
is that the thing on real tv that the two people's brakes went out or something and they flew down the huge rock?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yeah but that was a k5 that went off the other side... The hole that the k5 made in the sand is still there :insane: . I rode up in a truck and back down but sure as hell didn't take my truck on it. I'll be back there in about 3 weeks so hopefully I won't be pressured into it :D

·
Registered
787 Posts
ryguy said:
is that the thing on real tv that the two people's brakes went out or something and they flew down the huge rock?
hell yes.............f-ing crazy and stupid......unless you know what ur doing i guess

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I dont think I would be taking my truck up that, to high of a COG :crazy:

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
I know I could do it without problem as far as driving up and back down. But the thing that scares me is the unknown. What if a driveshaft u-joint blows half way up or down? What if the engine dies, what if the torque converter goes... Then you have to back all the way down it with just brakes to get you there, and manual brakes to boot if the engine dies.

Oh yeah, a little bit of trivia for you all: A couple live at the bottom of Lions Back, they actually own the property it is on and charge you like $5 to drive on it, nothing to walk on it. Funny part is, they sell new underwear in their little shop in their house :anitoof:

·
Weird Turns Pro.
6,252 Posts
willyswanter said:
Oh yeah, a little bit of trivia for you all: A couple live at the bottom of Lions Back, they actually own the property it is on and charge you like $5 to drive on it, nothing to walk on it. Funny part is, they sell new underwear in their little shop in their house :anitoof:
damn thats a good idea. i think i would shit myself if i was in a truck goin up or down that :insane:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts