GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm sick of none of the lights working in my HVAC control so I pulled it out today to check them and see if they need replacing. But it looks like all of the lights are still good, but they are small and really hard to tell so I need to use a battery to test them to see if thats the problem.

Is the HVAC set up so if one bulb burns out the rest won't work? Also my rear defrost button doesn't work either. Can I replace just that part or do I have to get a whole new piece?

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mabye a trouble shoot guide???

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are there any options other than replacement?

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
I've friend my hvac a couple times, they actually aren't THAT expensive from the dealer if I remember right. BTW if you have a lot of extra wire behind your stereo, i'd redo it a little, if anything hangs down low enough to touch the hvac, you risk shorting it out and needed a new one. I burned a couple up before I realized this :blah:

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HUH $30 my dealer quoted me about $200 if they could even find one. But I have a tahoe with rear defrost. I checked everything out today and it turns out that everyone of my bulbs are burnt out, but my rear defrost still doesn't work. When you push in the button it clicks like it sould be working, but the light doesn't come on for that switch. I guess I forgot to check the rear defrost fuse. But I'm ordering LED lights for the HVAC and guages as soon as my new debit card shows up.

Thanks for the help though

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
$200 :whoa: maybe thats for labor also? I'm sure the rear defrost does add some to it also though.
HAHA I wish that was for the labor too, but it was just the part. I don't think they like me :(

·
Not Rockin' It Stock
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Really I must be retarded not to see your post :rolleyes:

I was just stating since he posted he could get 1 at a dealer for $30

:read:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts