GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here it is i am going to ditch my 20's eventually and do some 22's and i know that i am going to have to tub the firewall and get a different brake booster setup, what are all of you using. As it is now i can hit my brake booster with my wheels staight and raising the passenger side all the way up, so with bigger rolling stock it will get smashed. What is all involved with the hydro boost kits are they a complete kit (bolt in)? An do you have to get rid of the ABS? And last but not least how exactly does hyro boost work? I think that i understand it works off of the power steering fluid hyralically. I would like to see a few shot of under the hood on the drivers side on 99-07 GM's with v8's and 22's. Thank You

·
LayNBodyOn24z
1,702 Posts
i have 22's and the stock booster... but i would like to see pics and things like that to. I barely hit my booster.

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
laydon22z, do you have you firewall tubbed? Pics of your setup available?

·
Registered
178 Posts
We've done a ton on 22s usually with the stock booster. some times offsets play hell with that fitment though
I sell a hydro boost kit for that truck though. booster lines & all even the push rod!
badhabitcustomssig.jpg

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
We've done a ton on 22s usually with the stock booster. some times offsets play hell with that fitment though
I sell a hydro boost kit for that truck though. booster lines & all even the push rod!
badhabitcustomssig.jpg
yea thats what i have heard...if you have like 7.5" of backspacing your gonna rub it

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
i have everything sitting in a box in my garage to change my truck over to the hydroboost setup. I got everything off a 2500HD.

When i roll really low and turn my wheels hit the booster. I am running 22x8.5's in the front with 6 inches of backspace.

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
www.car-part.com Go there and look for a hydro boost from a NBS 2500. Buy it with all the lines to the power steering pump.. My set up cost $125 I'll take some pics of my set up if you need them.. You have to T onto the return line for the power steering pump but I think that was all.. The rest bolts right up. I'll go thru mine and let you know for sure..

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Pics please. Thats cheaper than i thought it would be. I was thinking like $300-$400 range. And all you had to buy with the booster no power stearing pump or anything?

·
Sweet bottom num nums
496 Posts
what about for an obs setup? sorry didnt mean to thread jack!

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
I'm not too sure on obs.. I'll post some pics later on tonight..

·
Registered
3,500 Posts
I use a hydraboost. its a pricey unit but great. it works off of the p/s pump and its a 100% bolt in kit. the only thing i dont like is the stiff pedal instead of the squishy air pedal but stopping distance is dramitaclly improved even with stock calipers and rotors with big wheels! check out hydroboost.com

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
viclama, got pics yet?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Also check out ABS Power Brakes online.
They sale an electric kit. I am going to run their kit, because the factory hydroboosts loose active braking at lower rpms (lower power steering pump pressure).

·
lolo driver
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what is the website, add link to your post, dapolice1

1,932 Posts
Also check out ABS Power Brakes online.
They sale an electric kit. I am going to run their kit, because the factory hydroboosts loose active braking at lower rpms (lower power steering pump pressure).
If i am thinking about what you are thinking of just for your information its noisy :read: some of the strait trucks I use to work on had that and when you pushed the brake it would make a "EEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" noise, very very loudly and annoying. The kit your looking at could be different and maby wouldnt make that noise. but who knows?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts