GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
hi how ya doin
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put a hydro unit on my 97 c1500 it has a 305 i bled my brakes bled the power steering everything seems good but the lines get real hot and i had to bleed the rear again for unrelated reason but now thhe pedal wont hit the floor when i crack the bleeder and hardly any fluid comes out . and i mean it stops good for having air in the lines .any ideas

·
hi how ya doin
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you replace the master cylinder or use your stock one?

What year was the hydroboost from?
its from a 2000 3500 express van master cylinder is a reman 1.25 bore my vaccum assisted one would not fit the booster the van had a 5.7

·
hi how ya doin
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was going to ask you the same thing because I have a booster/master cylinder from a 2005 that cole (bama2door) wants to use, but we arent sure if it will fit.
if its going on an obs the backing plate needs to go or he would need to drill a hole i know i kept my stock pedal because it measured the same as the vac boost but as long as its 18mm input and 16mm output it shouldnt matter

·
hi how ya doin
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh, yea, so the pedal position for hydro is same as vac in obs? and besides having to drill for the offset bolt, everything works fine?
on mine the 00 hydro measured the same as the vac the one i bought is 03-05 it hasnt come in the mail yet so im not sure on the measure ment im looking for 7.5 inches from the base plate to the hole on the shaft .

·
hi how ya doin
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
one other thing when i mounted the 2000 hydro i had to flip the plate on it so it would point up removal of the plate requires taking the studs out, a big adjustable wrench, and a die grinder to remove the key tab .

·
hi how ya doin
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
that key tab is the only thing keeping it from rotating, i dont really like the idea of grinding that off. so your saying for the hoses to face up you have to turn the mounting plate around?
yeah it would need flipped i used a welder and made a tab on the other side so it wont turn http://www.hydratechbraking.com/ these guys sell braided hose and fitings if you want to run it upside down.

·
hi how ya doin
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i was wondering if you might know why my truck feels like i have manul brakes i still have power steering but there seems to be very little or no power assist at all with the brakes . oh and i smacked it with a hammer too just to make things move

·
hi how ya doin
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm, thats odd. Very rarely do these units fail... I dunno, give paul at hydratech an email, he definately knows his stuff.
do you have an adress or phone number where i could reach him i can not find it on their website.

·
hi how ya doin
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i got my spare today unfortunatley it is a worthless piece of shit they bent the shaft and broke the collet that holds it in gotta love ups.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts