GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is wanting to put hydro steering on his super dookie because hes gonna be runing 42" boggers! But i was looking around an cant really find any kits. Any help would be great.

·
Senior Military Member
5,197 Posts
42" boggers? Really? I'll pay him $1,000 for two of them. My trail truck blew out the right front and I'll need to replace it and have a matching spare.

·
DeepSouth Gangster
5,669 Posts
42" boggers? Really? I'll pay him $1,000 for two of them. My trail truck blew out the right front and I'll need to replace it and have a matching spare.
BURN!!
KELSO_02-thumb.gif

·
4,725 Posts
man i tell you what man how about you go get some of tha tman dang old man hydrolicks dang man old from an olds dang cutlass man dang old supremee with them dang old donks steering youll get fixed real quick man

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was reading that you can modifiy the original orbital valve, by drill an tapping fittings on it but yet to find some pics one one done

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
1) truck doesnt have an orbital valve - thats for full hydro - your talking steering box

2) PSC has complete kits. However for superduties you send in your box and they port it out, tap it and rebuild it. I just did one for a customer

3) We sell the kits and I offer the GMFS discount as well :D

4) Good luck finding 42" Boggers - they dont make em :crazy:

www.pscmotorsports.com

·
Serious!
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1) truck doesnt have an orbital valve - thats for full hydro - your talking steering box

2) PSC has complete kits. However for superduties you send in your box and they port it out, tap it and rebuild it. I just did one for a customer

3) We sell the kits and I offer the GMFS discount as well :D

4) Good luck finding 42" Boggers - they dont make em :crazy:

www.pscmotorsports.com
Im not sure were he got the tires but i was sittin on one last night lol. Could you pm me some information about PSC setup. I found a site that does that also for 600 bucks west teaxas offroad i think they were called. They called it redneck ram lol.

·
6,656 Posts
The WTO redneck ram is exactly that - you get what you pay for. Ive had several customers have leaking boxes, rams, lines - pretty much everything from them. They have good service however a shitty product. Its definatly worth paying for a PSC system. If you want some more info feel free to call me at the shop any day after 1 and we can discuss it.

Stephen
469-467-6999

·
NCOR
8,449 Posts
Well to be fair my 1st PSC ram leaked out of the shaft seal as well, but they replaced it without issue with the updated model.

·
GMFS Enforcer
3,568 Posts
Be sure and tell your buddy to replace the narps in the front of the truck before he messes with the steering. That is one thing I over looked, and it ended up being a huge headache having to pull off all of the stuff I installed just to replace those little parts.

If you don't replace the narps, your steering will not work right, and will eventually fail. Everyone on this page who has done major mods to their trucks (Dark Eternal, Bggrnchvy, CowboyKyle etc) has done this.

·
6,656 Posts
Well to be fair my 1st PSC ram leaked out of the shaft seal as well, but they replaced it without issue with the updated model.
Ive sold roughly 2 dozen PSC systems in the past year and a half - your ram was actually the first one we have had leak. We had one kit come with a missing fitting which they promptly overnighted to us. Ive worked on maybe half a dozen vehicles with the WTO on it - every last one of them has had something leaking bad or not working at all on the system. Nothing is perfect for sure - and both do have good service - but I would say your chances of needing to use that service from PSC is significantly less.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts