GMC Truck Forum banner

261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question regarding the standard booster ps pump and the hydro ps pump. I have everything from a 01 2500 installed on my 01 1500. Now i also have the hydroboost pump but the pump is shot. What is the difference between the two beside the resivor? I asked the guy at autozone to check part number and he said they list different part numbers for the pump minus resivor . Would the non hydroboost pump fit in the resivor? It looks like it will. Is the flow valve different between the two? Cant I just swap the valves? I have a good oem 1500 pump that i originally started with from the original setup. Not trying to spend more than I have to and i have a good resivor so Id rather use it than to T my return lines.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have a question regarding the standard booster ps pump and the hydro ps pump. I have everything from a 01 2500 installed on my 01 1500. Now i also have the hydroboost pump but the pump is shot. What is the difference between the two beside the resivor? I asked the guy at autozone to check part number and he said they list different part numbers for the pump minus resivor . Would the non hydroboost pump fit in the resivor? It looks like it will. Is the flow valve different between the two? Cant I just swap the valves? I have a good oem 1500 pump that i originally started with from the original setup. Not trying to spend more than I have to and i have a good resivor so Id rather use it than to T my return lines.
Yes keep stock 1500 reservoir and unbolt it from vacuum boost and bolt on hydro.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is a truck site, but your knowledge on the Hydro-boost sys. I hope will help me do this right. Would you know what the brake pedal / arm ratio is for the Hyrdoboost. I see in your photo it looks to be a lot between the Hydro and Vac. I'm doing something outside the "Box" on a 57 Olds 88. I'm trying to put a remote Hydro-boost system via a master / slave in place of the OE set up. If I get the numbers right on the Master / Slave, all will fall into place (I hope).
brake-ratio.png

·
Registered
631 Posts
On the hydroboost system the ratio will be much higher numerically. The brake rod mounting point is much higher on the pedal. if the stock pedal is 10 inches below the rod and 4 that is 4 inches below the pivot, then it looks like the hydroboost pedal is closer to 12 and 2...

That leads me to believe that the hydroboost system requires much less travel i the rod, but gives much more leverage in the pedal.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello!
I want to swap HB to my '09 Escalade but I have a question, my VB have vacuum sensor and vacuum solenoid. Will it work without this sensor and solenoid?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Hello!
I want to swap HB to my '09 Escalade but I have a question, my VB have vacuum sensor and vacuum solenoid. Will it work without this sensor and solenoid?
Yes. It will through abs codes, and stability trac.

261 - 266 of 266 Posts