GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm finally about to install my hydrobooster but I have no question. What do I do with this line/hose that is running to to the booster from the rear of the engine? TIA.
Picture369.gif

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey man let me know how long and how hard that thing is to put in
Alright. I have had the parts for like 6 months or so but I am finally getting around to installing it. I might do a tech on it because it seems to something that a lot of people are interested in.

·
Registered
384 Posts
It should attach on the back of the intake manifold/ engine block on all LS based engines. Be ABSOLUTELY sure you seal it tight. If not your comuter will try to adjust for the leak unessesarily and cause it to run rough, poor gas milage, any number of issues may develope.

Alot of people just put a bolt in the end that fits really tight in the hose. Then use a heater hose type clamp to cinch it up tight. Where that is on the back of the manifold can be difficult while the engine is in the vehicle.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well it will might be a while until i put the hydrobooster on something since i am about to sell my truck. I went ahead and took some pictures incase anyone is wondering what parts they need.
Picture050.gif

Picture051.gif

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
so you need a new pedal and power steering pump? I might as well do this while truck is apart.

·
GMFS Member
5,980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
303 Posts
VicLLlama to me he used GM parts and he said all you need is the hydroboost and the lines that come off of it. He said he didn't use the master cyclinder, new pedals are anything. Lets see if he will chime in.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
you only need the pedal and the pump if you use factory gm parts offa hydro truck.
you can get the hydro boost upgrade without all that stuff but its aftermaret and a little more expensive. i hear the pedal is a pain in the ass.
http://www.hydratechbraking.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=74

First, that article deals with S10's, not fullsizes. Second, the pedal linkage is no problem at all. I've got one myself on both of my trucks, plus I have done techs on them for Street Trucks. No problems at all.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts