GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about the XENON hyper white headlights that are offered on ebay? I think thy said they were made by HILITE or something and that they are 7000k lights for like $14.99. Are these lights worth the money or are they just crap? Would I be better off just going to an autoparts store any buying some sylvania's or what?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the silverstars in the Denali and they are a really nice white color, plus there made by slyvania which is who makes the stock ones in your truck. It should be the 9005's I think you'll need. They also last longer than some of those weird ricer brands.

·
I am the Moderatonator!
1,128 Posts
Silverstars are by far the best if you dont want the ricer blue. I was so pleased with my low beams, I got the silverstar fogs also.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
:word:

Xenons suck! Besides looking bad...the really cheap ones could melt your headlight assemblies. However, you'll need 9006 for your low beams (9005 are for Denali low and high beams). Get the silverstars...I hear their nice...I need to pick me up some too.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
HumanZoom said:
:word:

Xenons suck! Besides looking bad...the really cheap ones could melt your headlight assemblies. However, you'll need 9006 for your low beams (9005 are for Denali low and high beams). Get the silverstars...I hear their nice...I need to pick me up some too.
one of my friend had that happen to him. 10 bucks on headlights... 400 bucks for new housing. The blue lights also burn out really fast.

I would just get some silverstars :read: or save to buy some HIDs

·
Registered
413 Posts
yea i went through 2 different pairs of ricer brands from "xenon super plasma" to "super-white ice" and then i went and got some silverstars and they're whiter and brighter than the other two i tried. if those bulbs say 7000k, they're either lying and they're really around 3500k, or they're heavily coated in blue paint shit and they're 100+ watts, which is not too good for your electrical system, not to mention your headlight housings. silverstars will also last waaay longer than the ricer brands.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
hey jgood, how do you like ur projector headlights? One of my friend wants to get a set for his truck.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Anybody know what bulb goes in my foglights? I have the GMC 03+ Round ones. I ordered some but they didn't fit! I hate that.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
2k1slvrdo said:
hey jgood, how do you like ur projector headlights? One of my friend wants to get a set for his truck.
What kind of projectors/what truck?

Shawn, follow everyones advice and get Sylvania Silverstars (9006)! Do NOT get cheezy blue pieces of shit that will not only hurt your eyes, annoy other people, make your truck look cheap/ugly (my opinion), but it will probably also (depending on the wattage used - which is probably a lot) burn your shit up. Then the money you would have to spend fixing it would equal out a nice set of True HID's from Sylvania.

The Silverstars are WHITE, so if you're looking for something with a bluish look, go with PIAA. http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-9000.html

my $0.02

Justin

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
my friend drives an OBS chevy... he doesn't like the stock head lights at all

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
Anybody know what bulb goes in my foglights? I have the GMC 03+ Round ones. I ordered some but they didn't fit! I hate that.
I know! I can't find any. Some guy swore up and down that the 880 and 893 would fit my truck, those are for the 99-02 pickups. The bulb is a 9145 (H10 or H12 i can't remember). The only bulb I have gotten to fit in that spot and hook up are the 9005s (high beams) but I wouldn't suggest doing this since they will melt the housing. I noticed that the 04 GMCs are missing the chrome cap piece in the fog light housing and now just have a bulb with a painted cap on it...but I'm not sure if it is the same bulb or not.

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
yoskater said:
What kind of projectors/what truck?

Shawn, follow everyones advice and get Sylvania Silverstars (9006)! Do NOT get cheezy blue pieces of shit that will not only hurt your eyes, annoy other people, make your truck look cheap/ugly (my opinion), but it will probably also (depending on the wattage used - which is probably a lot) burn your shit up. Then the money you would have to spend fixing it would equal out a nice set of True HID's from Sylvania.

The Silverstars are WHITE, so if you're looking for something with a bluish look, go with PIAA. http://www.piaa.com/Bulbs/Bulbs-9000.html

my $0.02

Justin
You still lovin' your HID's? Im goin to have to order a set, and say screw a hood :head: I got PIAA Superwhites right now, much better than stock. Wonder what HID"s would be like :drool:

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
HumanZoom said:
I know! I can't find any. Some guy swore up and down that the 880 and 893 would fit my truck, those are for the 99-02 pickups. The bulb is a 9145 (H10 or H12 i can't remember). The only bulb I have gotten to fit in that spot and hook up are the 9005s (high beams) but I wouldn't suggest doing this since they will melt the housing. I noticed that the 04 GMCs are missing the chrome cap piece in the fog light housing and now just have a bulb with a painted cap on it...but I'm not sure if it is the same bulb or not.
Yeah I ordered the 880's too. I got all hyper white's in my headlights and clear corners finally but I'm still missing the one for my foglights!! I just don't turn them on at night cause it looks stupid with all white lights and then those damn yellow ass fogs!

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Slammedchevy01 said:
You still lovin' your HID's? Im goin to have to order a set, and say screw a hood :head: I got PIAA Superwhites right now, much better than stock. Wonder what HID"s would be like :drool:
I thought my silverstars had a nice color when shined against the garage until i saw a set of real HID's, that came factory, ignite and shine against one of my neighbors garages while i was walking at night. I was so jealous :anitoof: They were just amazing looking...and now i want a set of HID's :D

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Y2KSierra said:
I thought my silverstars had a nice color when shined against the garage until i saw a set of real HID's, that came factory, ignite and shine against one of my neighbors garages while i was walking at night. I was so jealous :anitoof: They were just amazing looking...and now i want a set of HID's :D
Yeah I've seen those new BMW's lights. They look real good. From a distance in the daytime they kinda look purple and blue.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My moms got the xenon lights on her lexus. They look sweet. I love the autoleveling design of them. I'll floor it, and the lights will aim down a little. BTW, if anyone is looking for an IS300, hers is for sale so my dad can bag a fullsize. :evillol:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts