GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just ordered a Hypertech Programmer III for a great price for his 05 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 V8. Anyone have any reports on this programmer?

·
Registered
638 Posts
My friend just ordered a Hypertech Programmer III for a great price for his 05 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 V8. Anyone have any reports on this programmer?
From what I hear thier garbage, plus I use to have one and I completely agree.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Tell him to cut his loses and put it on ebay. They're crap.

He should have spent his $300 or $200 or whatever they cost on a custom tune from BlackBear Performance. They're a sponsor on here and just about any performance website.

·
Registered
3,828 Posts
Tell him to cut his loses and put it on ebay. They're crap.

He should have spent his $300 or $200 or whatever they cost on a custom tune from BlackBear Performance. They're a sponsor on here and just about any performance website.
:word: COMPLETE waste of money bro :imo

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OUCH!!! I will let him know...not the responses I was expecting. Thanks guys!!!

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
They were alright back in the day to change tire size and axle ratios, but now that technology has evolved to where you can get a custom tune tailored to your vehicle for less money, they aren't worth it anymore. Justin at Black Bear can get you way more power and fuel efficiency for your buck, he's highly recommended! Tell your buddy to register here and check reviews before he buys! :D

·
Registered
766 Posts
Yea i got one for christmas before i joined this site. Im gonna get a custom one once i get a few more things, but its better than stock. Ebay material for sure in the future

·
[b]Not Prostreet[/b]
2,541 Posts
waste of money and time...

Nelson Performance FTW

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i had one on my 03 z71, it wasnt bad, but doesnt even compare to the performance a custom tune can put out. i noticed with it on the reg fuel setting it did little to nothing, with premium it did make a difference, main reason i bought it was to change for tire sizes.

if its a killer deal for like $100 or less then it might be worth it and if u want more then just sell it on ebay or something urself for 100-150.

the biggest thing custom tunes have over the handhelds is the ability to remove torque management, it makes the biggest difference.

bully dog does sell a handheld that ive been told removed tq management but is more money than most handhelds and closer to the price of a custom tune.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts