GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Maniac
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I don't want to hear it. Not my truck, he won't listen to me. My buddy at work has an 2009 Silverado and he got a Hypertech Programmer for it. In the quick installation guide they gave us, aka shitty ass piece of paper that has nothing of use on it, it says to remove the onstar, satellite radio and remote starter fuses. Where are those fuses and which ones are they?

I gave him tons of shit about a Black Bear, but he swears Hypertech is the best thing ever. He is a stubborn son of a bitch to say the least.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
why would you remove that fuse?

·
Maniac
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Because it's telling us to. It says we have to disable those devices before programming. Doesn't give a reason.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
Because it's telling us to. It says we have to disable those devices before programming. Doesn't give a reason.
what the gay?? My shitty Edge Evo I had didnt call for that nonsense :think:

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
that doesent sound right to me.

·
Maniac
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea, I don't know. I had him email them for some info, and I'm about to leave for Dallas. I'll check this thread out on the drive up to see if anyone knows.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts

·
Maniac
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is the plan!

I found out with google. Google is amazing. Lets just hope the 08's are the same as the 09's when it comes to wiring, not have another diff issue......

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
Just burn that hypercrap

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hypertech claims you have to remove these fuses becasue ONstar can randomly udate, link up, do your laundry or something that will affect the upload of the hypertech programming. i know because i bought one for my previous 06 before i got the brain transplant.

im not sure of the fuses but it should list them on the fuse covers i think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts