GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '00 Z71, 5.3 with 50 series Flows. Thinking about getting the Hypertech III programmer. Just wondering how some of you guys like it. What do you like about it? How much noticeable increase in power & such. Thanks........LaTEr!!!
:flamingde

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
00Silverado said:
For the price of a new hpp3, go with the nelson tune, which you can get in on in the group purchase section :D
:word: for a few $ more you can get alot more from your PCM! :naughty:

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
00Silverado said:
For the price of a new hpp3, go with the nelson tune, which you can get in on in the group purchase section :D
:word: Nelson knows what is up with his custom tunes, i've never heard a bad word about him. He is running the Group Purchase right now so you can save some money jumping in on that!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is the first I've heard of the Nelson Tune. What makes it so much better than the Hypertech Programmer? What are the differences? Is it tuneable for 87 to 93 octane? The more info the better, I'd appreciate it. Later!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well from the website I really don't see much difference in the HPPIII & the Nelson tuner as far as features. A Dyno chart would be helpful. Anyways maybe I could get some info from some of you guys who use it. Information on the Nelson tune &/or Hypertech programmer. Comparisons & such. The rev limiter doesn't concern me along with performance engine & transmission programming (I run stock 5.3), or the emissions disabled. What I'm mostly looking for is different shift points, firmer shifts, top speed governor, wheel and tire calibrations. And last but certainly not least increased HP & torque. Also on the Nelson it says any additional programming desired, what would that consist of & what is the cost for additional programming. Also if anyone has any input on the Hypertech I'd take that too, I know some of you guys are using them.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
The difference between the Nelson tune and the HPPIII is quite big. With a HPIII, you're limited to the options given to you by the programmer through a series of questions. With the Nelson Tune, you're not really limited at all. The guy, I guess his name would be Nelson, goes in with a real computer and can pretty much change whatever you want to however you want it, with much greater capabilities than a plug-in programmer.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
I am very happy with my HPP3 but am getting a Nelson. Reason mainly being the hpp3 doesnt support bigger tires than 34" and gears below 4.88 i think. Im putting 42s and 5.13s on. It should also give me some more power etc... which will definatly be nice.

·
Registered
378 Posts
hpp111-a handheld tuner that can only change limited things.
nelson performance tune--is a ls1 edit tune. it is endless what can be changed. it is the best. ls1 edit is the best tune. and that is what allen uses. :evillol:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
he road tests for now, but is getting a dyno soon... he has a VERY good rep from LS1tech and his customers... im gonna get one myself real soon.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Wester's is also an option. He will give you a credit towards another computer if you ever switch trucks. I have the 93 octane tune and it's awesome

http://westers_garage.eidnet.org/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts