GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 with 6" suspension and 3" body with 36's and was wondering if the programmer would be good to get some power back. Is it worth the money is all that I am asking?
thanks

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Sevenfold said:
Don't waste your time with a Hypertech. Go with a Nelson tune.
:word:

I agree 100% here and ive had both on my truck. Nelsons is 100X better.

·
Proud Chevy Owner
859 Posts
I have the hypertech and like it a lot seemed to get all my power back. The Nelson does replace your comp but its not that hard and since dark has had both and likes the nelson i would go with that. I think he will reprogram it also for free later on if you add something dif to your truck down the line.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have had them both also and would say get the Nelson tune without a doubt. Dont even waste your money on the Hypertech.

Also, if your still running stock gears getting a lower ratio may be your best answer.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
after hearing what some of the reactions of the nelson tunes has ben, id say go with nelson...i think most people will say nothin else compares.

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
its about the same price as a hypertech and simple to instal, unplug old pcm, plug in new, do ignition relearn (takes less than an hour total)

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have had both and will never run a hand held again (hypertech). Nelson has done a great job and I hope the customer service I recieved isnt going down hill...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts