GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the programmer III for a 03 with the 5.3 and was wondering if I need the new thermostat, it says that it works better with it but can I use the stock one???
Thanks

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks well is there any special info that I need to know before I try to do this thing???

·
Registered
703 Posts
Its very easy, it walks you through it while its plugged in, as for the thermostat, my friend baught the hypertech thermostat and not only did he not see a performance upgrade....his truck ran at the same temperature, you are perfectly fine with the stock thermo.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i just tryed to program the truck and they gave me the wrong one, I have an 03 and they sent me one for an 01 and I go out of town tuesday and i really needed this so i am pretty pissed right now!!! :flame: :murder:

·
[>
3,255 Posts
Where did you get it at? What setup are you running where you "need" it before you leave? Just wondering.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well i dont really NEED it but I am going to garner tuesday and i live in houston, so I thought that it might help my truck with going through all of the hills and stuff, but mostly I just wanted it!!! I know that I probably shoulda got the nelson tune but i really dont have the money right now :bawl:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Really I thought that it was like 500 that suck then i guess that i shoulda just got that :pissed:

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I just got back from garner state park man it was great. Have a great time, some of my favorite land is around the frio.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Just got back today it was a great trip and i really liked the attention that my truck got :head: the only bad thing was that we got caught drinkin :pow:

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
yeah I did, bought it used for 135 then sold it on ebay a 16 months later for 225 :rocking:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts