GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a bump in the middle of a rough road pretty hard and it bent one of my wheels. I straightened it some, but it is still pretty noticeable! Is there any way to fix it? Can I carry it somewhere and have it fixed? I have a 5th wheel that is brand new, but I hate to put it on because I'm afraid that I will bend it too. If I could find a place to straighten it, I would prefer to do that! Has anyone else running 255/35/20's had this problem? :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

Thanks
Trey

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
That sucks .... got any pics of it? ....... yesterday I was riding on the interstate and I heard a loud noise and thought I saw something behind me on the road, I thought for sure I had lost a center cap ... but they are all still there, so it must have just been something on the road.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
My friend has a Civic that bent his aluminum wheel on the outside with some 30 series tires. My other friend (this was A LONG TIME AGO) bent his 15" wheel, but had a body shop fix it, you couldn't tell anything was wrong with it ever after they got done with it and they didn't charge him much of anything. My moms BMW X5 had 19's on it and the rims weren't bent, but the wheels had alot of scrathes on them and they were pretty deep, she took it to the dealership and after they got done with it the wheel looked like a new one. I'd say shouldn't be that hard to find someone that can fix it.
I thought for sure I had lost a center cap ... but they are all still there, so it must have just been something on the road.
I wouldn't worry about loosing one of those caps, they're on there pretty good.

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
u have boyd's right? YOu can just get it rehooped... thats the plus side to having billet rims. Its like 150 bucks or something. Maybe more for boyd's b/c they make their own hoops... i'm sure bryan will know about this shit

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
those look like billet specialties which they charge a little more to rehoop but i dont think you need to rehoop them if there not too bad just call around in your town for wheel repair

i dont now how far from houston you are but there is alot of quality places down there that do it cheap

must suck that you just got them and bent a rim my sidewall is .4" more and i guess that makes alot of diffrence because i have hit some nasty pot holes and have bent a rim yet (knock on wood)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
must suck that you just got them and bent a rim my sidewall is 1/2" more and i guess that makes alot of diffrence because i have hit some nasty pot holes and have bent a rim yet (knock on wood)
I did have Yokohama 255/35's and now I have Hankook 245/40's I like them better because it gives me a better ride and I don't have to worry about road hazards as much as I did with the 255/35's. I never bent one of my rims, but both my front Yokohama tires had knots in them. Pissed me off cause then I had to get new tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts