GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my atv (2004 Yamaha Warrior 350) in the back of my truck on Friday. I was warming my Yamaha up out of gear when I accidently hit the shifter down (into 1st) with my foot. Because it's a full clutch and was idling high it slammed forward. It bent the front of my box far enough to hit and dent the back of the cab. I swear every thing I have ever bought brand new has gotten messed up by some type of accident. Makes a grown boy want to cry. :bawl: I'm the type of person who protects the tailgate cap with a blanket for the atv ramps so this really doesn't make me happy. :bawl:

·
WorkinSmarterNotHarder
450 Posts
:bawl: Are the tires on your ATV alright? :anitoof: j/k That sucks to hear. Get some pics of the damage.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I did that long ago with my 95 S10 and my 300EX. I just lived with it.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
That stinks, i'm sure it happens alot with all the 4-wheelers that go into trucks. Maybe you can have it fixed at a local shop?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It'll be at the dealership for a oil change tomorrow and my dad (he works there) will have the body shop guys come over and take a look at it. :help:

·
Chevrolet Owner
315 Posts
i had a friend that did the same thing to his bed, except he rode his bike up his ramp into his bed too quickly and rand into the end of it

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like $200 will fix it. Overtime here I come.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't take any pics.

It cost me $42 to have the box straightened and $0 for the cab.....................because they didn't fix it, they couldn't use the paintless dent remove system. (must be double walled)

On a side note on the used car lot they had a blue 2002 GMC Sierra RCSB 5.3L 2wd only 9,000 miles, 2/4 drop, custom leather, white guages, carbon fiber dash, cowl hood, wheels, billet grill, shaved emblems, dual exhaust with a Whipple installed. :worship: If I wasn't in a rush I would have taken it for a test drive.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts