GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally took the plunge and bought a McG 5/7 kit off of Tim at suspension online for my NNBS. Great guy to deal with. I'll be posting pics when I get to installing it.

Thanks Tim.

The pic is the look I'm going for.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Looks great and your right Tim is a great guy to deal with.

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
22's to keep costs down. I'm going to keep my eyes out for a nice used set.

·
Registered
9,687 Posts
if you wanna talk to the owner of that truck, im pretty sure its max's on this forum. think his username is maxhd or something like that?

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's got to be an 8" out back on that one. It's low. I only have enough for the kit and alignment. The helpers and wheels will come when money allows. I'm not loaded like you guys.. Lol

·
Registered
333 Posts
22's to keep costs down. I'm going to keep my eyes out for a nice used set.
cant go wrong with mcg stuff.

I lol'd at 22's to keep costs down. Im on 20's and cant bring myself to drop the coin for 22's. maybe im looking at it all wrong

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I want the biggest wheel for the money. 22's are somewhat affordable for me, 24's in the real world is not. Everything goes way up in price with the 24's. Plus, most tire shops can't mount/balance 24's in my area I found out. So your costs for that goes up quite a bit due to a specialty shop mounting them. All these little things add up. I want 24's, just not enough to pay the difference.

Anyways, my parts came in and I cancelled everything this weekend to lower my truck. Yeah baby!

5/7 drop, c-notch. Thanks Tim!

·
Registered
333 Posts
That's one of the reasons I leaned towards 20's. one I can run a little more sidewall with my drop and 2 I can mount/balance them myself at work. Our machine wont do bigger than 20's

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I work on motorcycles but most bike tire machines will do my truck tires. I looked at 20" wheels also, but for what people want for a factory set of wheels I can get my 22's a few hundred cheaper. I'm on the fence for the dark Dub ballers or the gloss black CK375's

·
Registered
333 Posts
My next set of wheels are gonna be black ck375's. Chrome is getting old and I can't afford billet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, here it is. I put my stock tires back on (245/70/17). This is no rings in the struts. All McG's parts. Ill get some daytime pics tomorrow. It's rides great, it aligned almost dead on except the caster is slightly out. Though you cannot feel it while driving. No lean either.

·
Married and broke
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Need some help guys. I installed the flip kit, c-notch and shock relocators. I used the long black bump stops McG sends. Sitting on the ground under the trucks weight the rear is touching the bumpstops and there's only about 2 inches the clearance between the differential and under bed support. Is this normal? I think I need to cut the bump stops and trim the bed support to clear. What's up with that?

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have an nbs but in my mcg flip kit I got two sets of bumpstops. I cut one set in half and left one set alone. I run the cut stops and have plenty of clearance.

Pics look good. Glad you ditched the moldings. I hate the nnbs door moldings.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts