153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That never ever washed his truck.

What is the best way to clean this?

eng1.jpeg eng2.jpeg

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Pressure washer lol. It’s what they use at ever used car dealership.

·
Registered
21 Posts
WHAT EVER YOU DO -- DO NOT PRESSURE WASH THE ENGINE - ESPECIALLY NOT THE TOP.

Water will get into the area by the pre-ignition ping microphones and you will have to pull the entire intake manifold off to clean it up and change the pick-ups.

Don't ask how I know .... LOL

·
Registered
21 Posts
OK ... call it a "Knock Sensor" if that makes you happy ... electronically speaking, it's a microphone that pics up an acoustic signal SOUND for those too red neck to understand.

·
Resident Asshole
11,054 Posts
pre ignition ping microphone

that's a new one by me

You've never heard of those? They are right next to the modulator valve that regulates the pressure for the horse torques.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,636 Posts
OK ... call it a "Knock Sensor" if that makes you happy ... electronically speaking, it's a microphone that pics up an acoustic signal SOUND for those too red neck to understand.
its a fucking knock sensor, don't be a dildo

·
Registered
50 Posts

Water will get into the area by the pre-ignition ping microphones and you will have to pull the entire intake manifold off to clean it up and change the pick-ups.

You made my day

·
Registered
45 Posts
Walk into the dealer and ask them for a preignition ping microphone. See how far that gets you.

The manufacturer of the part calls it a knock sensor. You can call it whatever you want but at the end of the day it’s a knock sensor, for those too redneck to understand logic.

·
n. fil-dert.
6,939 Posts
Calling a part what it does isn’t making anyone look smarter. Do you know what a pitman arm is? Or do you call it a steering box linkage that converts angular motion into linear motion.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I wasn't just fucking with you, I was fucking with you and clarifying to everyone else what the rest of the population calls it.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
also thats an nnbs which has the knock sensors on the side of the block i believe and not under the intake

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes its a NNBS. I've never had an engine this dirty. I thought of using purple power and then rinsing it off I'm just scared to get electrical wet. I'd have to take my time and plan what all to cover.

and LOL @ "pre-ignition ping microphones"

Reactions: ferraiolo1
1 - 20 of 35 Posts