GMC Truck Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
n. fil-dert.
6,945 Posts
y”all

Yep it’s dirty. Lemme guess yours is real man dirty.

Reactions: Tim W

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,636 Posts
Yes its a NNBS. I've never had an engine this dirty. I thought of using purple power and then rinsing it off I'm just scared to get electrical wet. I'd have to take my time and plan what all to cover.

and LOL @ "pre-ignition ping microphones"
probably just be safe putting a bag over the alternator and PDC, the rest is all weatherpack connectors and shit, detailers do that pretty often then just pressure wash it from a distance

·
Super Moderator
5,821 Posts
Yeah distance is key. Be smart about it. You don’t need to hold the nozzle right at the engine. And start it afterwards to help everything dry out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
x3 shitbox owner
3,646 Posts
puddle splash at 70mph

·
n. fil-dert.
6,945 Posts
Fuck the microphones, just hose the engine out and make sure you pop off the main fuse box cover before you do. Cannot have dirt in there, it'll short them out
What’s a fuse box?

Do you mean the electrical overcurrent safety device housing unit?

·
Registered
9,641 Posts
What if you just hooked the hose into the throttle body, would that clean out some hillbilly mud?!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
y”all

Yep it’s dirty. Lemme guess yours is real man dirty.
LoL

probably just be safe putting a bag over the alternator and PDC, the rest is all weatherpack connectors and shit, detailers do that pretty often then just pressure wash it from a distance
Yeah distance is key. Be smart about it. You don’t need to hold the nozzle right at the engine. And start it afterwards to help everything dry out.
^^ Çopy that :thumbsup:

Drive it through a lake
That's probably the dang 'ole woo shit that got it like this.

Take the hood off and let the rain wash it. The rain is natural and wont mess the pre-ignition ping microphones up.
:lol:

What if you just hooked the hose into the throttle body, would that clean out some hillbilly mud?!
Swing & a miss.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts