GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Drive It Like Ya Stole It
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A hysteer setup. Comes with 2 arms and a tierod. Got it for $260 shipped. Its not the best but it will do for now until I can afford hydro assist. Both arms are bent in enough so I could even run stock hummer rims. Now all I need is to make my drag link once I get the suspension on. What do you all think?

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I will probably swap it back to normal when i go hydro. Since im not hydro now i think I should be ok. Also doesnt smeone make new stronger aftermarket knuckles? I swear I saw them somewhere.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also just talked to 96chevysfa and he highly recomended tapering the holes, good idea?

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Oh yeah most definately. I didn't even notice that they were not tapered. Put a 60 degree taper in them and use some lug nuts. Or you can buy the stud/nut kits from ORD for a few bucks.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
60 degree taper? I dont know machineing terms lol, explain? Like I said my roomates dad has a machine shop so I would think he could do it.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Wait, are you talking about the TRE holes or the bolt holes for boltiing it to the knuckle?

For the TRE holes. If you plan on using TRE's or DRE's and not heims, you need to use a 1.5" per foot taper reamer to taper the holes to match the TRE's or DRE's.

For the bolt holes: You need to use a countersink with a 60* included angle and taper the tops of the holes so you can use a stud and a tapered lug nut.

·
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i was talking about the knuckle holes. Im not sure what the other ones are like for the rod and link. He was running them with the rod hes sending so I will see.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts