GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The g/f and i decided to hit up Palm Springs this past weekend and being the curious person that i am, i thought i'd check what kind of gas mileage i was getting with the lift and 35's w/ stock 4.10's. The picture above tells it all and needless to say i was nothing short of shocked; especially since we stopped for gas and hit some mild traffic with mixed speeds. Anyway...just thought i'd share. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Has your truck been recalibrated for the lager tires?

·
Later, Tony
7,265 Posts
I think last summer going down to Palm Desert I got about 14 mpg :jester: Of course the fact that I made it down there in 3 hours in heavy traffic doesn't help. Once I hit 10 I was doing 90+ the whole way :anitoof:

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
Where's the pictures of the rims and tires ?

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
If he didnt recalibrate he would be getting better than the DIC is reporting becasue he is actually putting more miles than the truck is logging!

·
I like 'em white
2,749 Posts
Ya that thing would read 12-14 if he didnt recalibrate. Thats pretty cool you can get that with 35s. When I had my s10 it got crap for milage but randomly on a trip I got 23mpg because it was all freeway compared to the 15 or so I normally got.

·
35's > MPG
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no...the truck has not been calibrated.

The drive back yielded 19.6mpg...and going through the rolling hills from riverside doesn't help gas mileage worth crap...that's for sure.

pics coming...thanks for your patience.

·
YAH BITCH
44 Posts
I'm running 295's with I think 3.42's and a 28 gal tank. Went to FL last week, got about 270-300 miles to a tank. So 9.64 mpg? Idk why my truck gets SHITTY gas mileage :/

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Only thing i ever got that kind of milage in is my cummins, and thats when i baby it.

When i had 4.10's with my old 6.0 I got like 9 mpg highway. :rofl2:

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
DIC's arent accurate anyways :lol:

my last 2 silverados and the tahoe never match what i get when manually calculated.

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
no...the truck has not been calibrated.

The drive back yielded 19.6mpg...and going through the rolling hills from riverside doesn't help gas mileage worth crap...that's for sure.

pics coming...thanks for your patience.
okay no problem. just email me or pm me when you have some.

·
SierraDime
537 Posts
i got 18mpgs a couple times thats uncalibrated tho. so a little better than that... has to be perfect conditions tho.

·
Registered
19,437 Posts
Awesome you must have been goin like 55mph the whole time.. My truck gets like 23mpg at 55 but I am usually in the 70-120 range

1 - 20 of 37 Posts